Update and everything in single player is gone.

Old Drifter

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

Java Version: 1.7.0_05

Antivirus Program: N/A

Description of Problem:

Updated my technic launcher today at about 10:00 p.m. central time and once I logged into technic (single player) my entire save had reverted to nothing. All progress was lost, almost all items dissapeared, even the village I was next to was reduced to nothing, including the villagers. Just want to know how ti revert to an old back-up of technic, or even recover my old save, because I included the save of my worlds in the back-up.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If you want a game that never has any save breaking updates, minecraft is not the game for you, particularly not modded minecraft. You clearly don't understand how mods work. and if you're fiddling around with your settings constantly, particularly memory settings, you should be prepared to deal with having to change other things too.

And yet you have still not even tried to answer my original question. Reported.If that even does any good.

You are correct, I don't understand how all mods work, that's why I like the tekkit launcher for it's ease of use. I did not understand that changing my memory allocation would force an update to my .jar files. And I wasn't constantly fiddling around with my settings, I saw the default on it was 1g, and I have a pretty decent machine, I figured that I could do a bit more, get some more performance... but if you would rather prejudge, I'm fine with that. It just seems there is a lot of people complaining right now and saying some legitimate things, and all of it is being treated as butt hurt from user error instead.

Except that i DID tell you how to use the previous build. Also, i'm a mod, numbnuts. What do you think reporting me is going to do?

Also, i just hopped on my Mac Mini, and manually selecting 7.1.0 worked fine.

You are correct, I don't understand how all mods work, that's why I like the tekkit launcher for it's ease of use. I did not understand that changing my memory allocation would force an update to my .jar files. And I wasn't constantly fiddling around with my settings, I saw the default on it was 1g, and I have a pretty decent machine, I figured that I could do a bit more, get some more performance... but if you would rather prejudge, I'm fine with that. It just seems there is a lot of people complaining right now and saying some legitimate things, and all of it is being treated as butt hurt from user error instead.

Most of the current complaints are "i didnt expect an update and it updated and my world broke" followed by a demand for an apology. That is absolutely butthurt, and is not a legitimate complaint. The policy has always been "make frequent backups" particularly before a new release. Other current complaints include "tmi doesnt work" "jay? is mean!" "why is forestry gone". None of those complaints will be treated as legit.

Except that i DID tell you how to use the previous build. Also, i'm a mod, numbnuts. What do you think reporting me is going to do?

Also, i just hopped on my Mac Mini, and manually selecting 7.1.0 worked fine.

ok, ima calm down and ask my question again...

I have included my world save (before the nuke) into my back-up, if changing the build to 7.1.0 automatically reverts to the old save THEN JUST SAY THAT! If it does not, then How do I recover my Old Save???????

Now if answering that question is too hard let me know and I'll just uninstall technic since I am apparently too weak minded to use it.

I do not expect an apology for the loss of the world only that you try and help me get it back from the back-up. If you can't help me let me know.

Okay, now THAT is an answerable question.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\backups

on windows. should be the same for mac once you hit the .techniclauncher folder.

Choose the the date that you want to back up to, open the zip, delete the contents of the technicssp folder (except the backups) and you should be able to drop it in there and play. You may need to tell it not to update, but specifically selecting the pack version you're playing, or even denying it access to the internet.

on windows. should be the same for mac once you hit the .techniclauncher folder.

Choose the the date that you want to back up to, open the zip, delete the contents of the technicssp folder (except the backups) and you should be able to drop it in there and play. You may need to tell it not to update, but specifically selecting the pack version you're playing, or even denying it access to the internet.

ok now the technic launcher is force updating, I have manual build selection marked and when I go to login it asks me to update, I say no, and before it even boots I get a message telling me' "files were corrupted and have been cleaned try logging in again." now when I login it forces me to update without asking. what do?

tried this with builds 7.1.0 AND 7.0.1

specs are

Vista Ultimate

Java updated

laptop

I'm on a mac and the update happened without any dialog. It just said "converting to anvil" and now everything is gone mostly IndustrialCraft stuff, white marble, stone bricks in an indian village. and both of my automated houses. I have a save from a day ago but when I tried to load it it deleted everything again without asking. I don't know what's going on-- I'd done a good bit since my last save... if it had told me I could have made another back up.

I want to add that when I start up now it has a very confusing dialog about switching IDs... I don't know where this came from or how to respond to it. I did up my memory too... is that why this happened?

I would like to know how to load my old save. I do a copy/paste save every few days-- I'll cry a bit about all the fancy stuff that I lost from today, but I'll live.

For what it is worth the whole update business was not very user friendly, very unlike my experience thus far with the pack.

Nope, it was either 6.1.1 or 6.0.7. I can't remember which off the top of my head.

problem resolved, but I'm not as relieved as Id like to be, will I ever be able to safely transfer my world to a newer version? or will I forever be only allowed to play 6.1.1?

problem resolved, but I'm not as relieved as Id like to be, will I ever be able to safely transfer my world to a newer version? or will I forever be only allowed to play 6.1.1?

There's a chance that someone will write a converter, but your landscape will be missing important parts of thaumcraft.

I need some help understanding how to switch back to this older build, 6.1.1, is it?

I can't find anything clear enough searching. If I understand correctly I can load may save from one day ago in 6.1.1 and everything should come back, yes?

I can live with playing in the old version until I'm ready for a new world. You know, at time a new world is a good thing.

I want to add that when I start up now it has a very confusing dialog about switching IDs... I don't know where this came from or how to respond to it. I did up my memory too... is that why this happened?

I would like to know how to load my old save. I do a copy/paste save every few days-- I'll cry a bit about all the fancy stuff that I lost from today, but I'll live.

For what it is worth the whole update business was not very user friendly, very unlike my experience thus far with the pack.

there are instructions IN THIS THREAD for backdating to old technic, that say where to find your backup, how to apply it, and how to keep it. Why are you asking this again?

Choose the the date that you want to back up to, open the zip, delete the contents of the technicssp folder (except the backups) and you should be able to drop it in there and play. You may need to tell it not to update, by specifically selecting the pack version you're playing, or even denying it access to the internet.

I need some help understanding how to switch back to this older build, 6.1.1, is it?

I can't find anything clear enough searching. If I understand correctly I can load may save from one day ago in 6.1.1 and everything should come back, yes?

I can live with playing in the old version until I'm ready for a new world. You know, at time a new world is a good thing.

make sure you set the options to say, "Manual build selection." and choose version 6.1.1 otherwise it will continue to update to the version that messes up your world.

Jay your response was not visible to me when I posted that. Thanks.

And thanks Old-D that helps a lot!

If another update comes along is there a way to stop it it while in progress? Could I have preserved my creations from today by quitting as soon as I saw the confusing screen about re-assigning IDs?

Same thing happen to me, on my macbook pro. The updater didn't ask and all my worlds are now screwed. I can't even roll back to the old launcher and play my worlds :( so many hours wasted :(

I hope that this is gonna be fixed in the future release so it doesn't update itself and the techniclauncher is compatible with old worlds, so you can enjoy the updates in the same world that your working on.

Another thing is that everytime i open the game i am ask to fix some problems with itemID and afterwards i got to resolve problems with some loose settings. I got no idea what I am doing and it happens everytime i open the game. Pretty annoying. Also when i'm right clicking some of the new items the game crashes. It seems to me that this version 7.2 has alot of problems.

Yeah, it's happened to me as well, I have a macbook pro and am using Lion and it didn't ask it just updated, then bang, goodbye world. Version 7.2 is playable but no matter whether I pick Technic or Tekkit I can only play Vanilla, also for some reason when I loaded up Tekkit, I can access the worlds in my Minecraft folder, which I haven't been able to do before.

I am suffering too. My HUGE Tech world has been trashed and I don't appear to be able to fix it.

I managed to go back to 6.1.1 by totally removing all traces of everything and starting again (I backup my world every 15 minutes or so)... but still various components are missing.

I am more gutted that the new update is pretty much never going to be available to me by the looks of things.

Therefore, doesn't seem much point in continuing building stuff in an out-of-date world, and nobody seems to want to assist in fixing it.

No more Tech fun in the evenings - back to the Xbox (at least that works)

I am suffering too. My HUGE Tech world has been trashed and I don't appear to be able to fix it.

I managed to go back to 6.1.1 by totally removing all traces of everything and starting again (I backup my world every 15 minutes or so)... but still various components are missing.

I am more gutted that the new update is pretty much never going to be available to me by the looks of things.

Therefore, doesn't seem much point in continuing building stuff in an out-of-date world, and nobody seems to want to assist in fixing it.

No more Tech fun in the evenings - back to the Xbox (at least that works)

*Xbox crashes*

When it came to the update, I have a strong feeling someone screwed up. I'm peeved that I can't play my old worlds anymore and I'm getting over it. I will start a new world soon enough anyway. The update blindsided me and gave me no warning that it would happen.

It may be related to my old problem, but I couldn't load my old saves with the new update so I've had less heartache there.

I simply wish for people to test more thoroughly to prevent something like this from happening again and giving better warning from the launcher before a world-breaking update happens, ruins peoples' day, and causes a large outcry. By the way, so far the new save I started to test if it worked is functioning fine, especially with those pesky "saving chunks" causing buildcraft pipes (from a previous update).