Update and everything in single player is gone.

Old Drifter

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

Java Version: 1.7.0_05

Antivirus Program: N/A

Description of Problem:

Updated my technic launcher today at about 10:00 p.m. central time and once I logged into technic (single player) my entire save had reverted to nothing. All progress was lost, almost all items dissapeared, even the village I was next to was reduced to nothing, including the villagers. Just want to know how ti revert to an old back-up of technic, or even recover my old save, because I included the save of my worlds in the back-up.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just got the same thing. Started the launcher and let it complete in the background as it usually takes a while, next thing I realise that it's downloading an update *without asking*! WTF? Then, when Minecraft finally starts, every single non-vanilla item in my world is gone. Everything.

Just got the same thing. Started the launcher and let it complete in the background as it usually takes a while, next thing I realise that it's downloading an update *without asking*! WTF? Then, when Minecraft finally starts, every single non-vanilla item in my world is gone. Everything.

yea seriously, if I cant get my world back im just gonna give minecraft a break for a few weeks, had automatic farms and everything without using equivalent exchange, then everything gone wtf?

Read the announcement. Also you should be backing up your worlds before updates anyways.

You are right, we should, and I do. I should also use my crystal ball to let me know when the launcher is going to nuke my world saves.

I have a backup, it's old but at least I have one. If the launcher had the simple sense to *ask me* before downloading the world-breaking, incompatible 1.2.5 update I'd have a much newer backup.

There was no dialog for me. And you're right of course—I should check the website every time I want to play, just in case.

I've switched back to the older version, and recovered my world, so no great damage done in the end—I was just a bit pissed off when I saw that everything had been nuked. I'm sure I'll calm down and get my toys back in the pram in a bit! ;-)

Yeah me too but it just created a shallow lake where my house used to be...and I didn't get a dialogue box either. I am also on a Mac and I'm really pissed off because I didn't even know that you should or could include world saves in backups. I'm guessing because of this I cant ever get my world back and that makes me sad :(

Yeah me too but it just created a shallow lake where my house used to be...and I didn't get a dialogue box either. I am also on a Mac and I'm really pissed off because I didn't even know that you should or could include world saves in backups. I'm guessing because of this I cant ever get my world back and that makes me sad :(

That's what we mean by back-up. We mean that you copy paste your world save to a safe folder in case something undesirable happens.

There was no dialog box, and my zeppelin was mid- flight. died with everything. cant reinstall mods. had no backups.

removed so many mods it broke the launcher.

Why remove mods?

also, landing on village which dissapeared (lost hours of progress).

Why, technic devvers, why remove mods in use?

(also, test your reccomended builds before singehandedly ruining peoples day)

good day.

There was no dialog box, and my zeppelin was mid- flight. died with everything. cant reinstall mods. had no backups.

removed so many mods it broke the launcher.

Why remove mods?

also, landing on village which dissapeared (lost hours of progress).

Why, technic devvers, why remove mods in use?

(also, test your reccomended builds before singehandedly ruining peoples day)

good day.

Eh....

I prefer not commenting on this one. Try informing yourself a bit before saying BS.

Also, what the hell is a devver?

i backed up mine but how do i get all the stuff back because i have almost nothing in it and i have a question- why doesnt it have millenaire, in a brick kiln of my indian village nether coal had replaced the bricks set to dry and i found fish bowls in one of my chests

Let me rephrase:

Loggged in while landing a zeppelin.

The zeppelin was no longer there.

I fell and died. I return to the landing site (a hindi village which i spent hours helping) to find no villages.

Curious, I checked the "mods" folder in AppData>Roaming>.techniclauncher and found no zeppelin mod, no millenaire, and things I didn't agree upon to download. I remembered the launcher updating without a dialog box. I went to the questions and found people with my problem and no solution.

Tried reinstalling the removed mods (there was no change)

Tried updating back (error- failed update)

May I ask, why?

Okay, if you want to play the old version, delete your launcher folder completely, and select "manual build selection" and pick the version you want. You can also do that to avoid auto updates if you're using a mac.

Well, the recommended version was 6.1.1, but i would actually suggest going with 7.0.1, since it has Thaumcraft 2.

Also, if you're seriously going to get this butthurt about losing worlds, you should stop playing things that have frequent updates.

Okay, if you want to play the old version, delete your launcher folder completely, and select "manual build selection" and pick the version you want. You can also do that to avoid auto updates if you're using a mac.

Even if you do that verbatim it updates to 7.2.

Even if you do that verbatim it updates to 7.2.

No it doesn't? if you've checked manual build selection, you should ONLY be getting the specific build you checked, no further updates. Are you using some kind of script to launch the .jar?

No it doesn't? if you've checked manual build selection, you should ONLY be getting the specific build you checked, no further updates. Are you using some kind of script to launch the .jar?

if you read the comments you would realize that people change memory allocation a lot due to a bug causing lag in single player. Apparently changing the memory allocation also resetts other settings so each time you do it you have to change it back, and when you say people should keep a back-up of their world I find that ridiculous due to the fact that I shouldn't need to keep back ups if the devs wouldnt do retarded shit that fucks me over on a world that has over 100 hours into it, to be honest I just started using the technic pack so I didnt know that updates fuck over your world saves I assumed the modders would think about a way to solve that problem, but fuck me if thats too hard.

FYI:you havent even bothered to answer my question so you have no place in this conversation.

If you want a game that never has any save breaking updates, minecraft is not the game for you, particularly not modded minecraft. You clearly don't understand how mods work. and if you're fiddling around with your settings constantly, particularly memory settings, you should be prepared to deal with having to change other things too.