Server Admin?

Indie

You're going to need to setup permissions. The role of "Admin" doesn't exist when you first set everything up, it's just a Group/Title you create to designate who gets what permissions. Easiest way to do this is to download a Permissions plugin. I use PermissionsEX and can be obtained from the Bukkit site. Once you download and extract the files into your plugin directory start the server to create the additional folders. Locate permissions.yml within the PremissionsEX folder and edit with notepad. Next go to this website, https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Basic-Permissions-Setup, and scroll down to where it says "If you do not have access to the console" and copy the text in the box just under it. Paste that into your permissions.yml overwriting any text that's already in there. Then just put your name where it says "YourPlayerName" and you'll be designated "Admin" the next time you log in.

You're going to need to setup permissions. The role of "Admin" doesn't exist when you first set everything up, it's just a Group/Title you create to designate who gets what permissions. Easiest way to do this is to download a Permissions plugin. I use PermissionsEX and can be obtained from the Bukkit site. Once you download and extract the files into your plugin directory start the server to create the additional folders. Locate permissions.yml within the PremissionsEX folder and edit with notepad. Next go to this website, https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Basic-Permissions-Setup, and scroll down to where it says "If you do not have access to the console" and copy the text in the box just under it. Paste that into your permissions.yml overwriting any text that's already in there. Then just put your name where it says "YourPlayerName" and you'll be designated "Admin" the next time you log in.

A genuine thank you for you. You really helped :).

• 3 months later...

i did all that but im still stuck in adventure mode where i cant break any blocks or take damage, how do i fix this/make myself admin?