created modpack but no mods when it loads

rayne_e

i am new to this so please bear with me.

i created my first modpack. the game launches and i can get in world. but no mods show (no mod menu on title screen either).

i have completely uninstalled technicpack and reinstalled it, and still have the same problem. i have launched the modpack 4 times with the same result.

please let me know if you need more information. thank you for any help you can give.

i am using forge 1.7.2

here is the dropbox link to the modpack.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lncobh879scufi3/modpack.zip?dl=0

here is the link to the log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12323796/

Legacy java fixer. Google it. Read about it. Include it.

Why on earth would you make a 1.7.2 modpack when the rest of the world is on 1.7.10 and 1.8? There aren't many mods on this minecraft version. Most of them have newer versions with bugs fixed on 1.7.10 and 1.8 (those two versions don't require the legacy fixer).

Why on earth are you downloading mods from those non secure sites? Haven't you heard of Curse.com, CurseForge.com or Minecraftforum.net? Open those sites, learn to use them.

as i said in the first post, i am new to this.

i do use curse, curseforge and minecraftforum.

as for the version. these mods are ones i liked from other modpacks, but i wanted to start small, and not include a ton of them. so i copied those, and they happened to be 1.7.2

i have deleted my modpack and will try again with either 1.7.10 or 1.8 whichever has the mods i like available.

i have watched youtube videos, and googled, and read on this site and other sites to learn what i can. but as i said i AM a beginner. and the only way people learn is by doing it, and asking questions when you can't find the answers elsewhere.

i am sorry i made you mad. i am just trying to learn, and i did look elsewhere to try and solve the problem before i asked here.

Relax. Nobody's mad. It's just my weird way to say "Welcome to the community".

Go with 1.7.10 and you'll find any mod you can think of and if you can't find something, let me know.
One more friendly advice: "less youtube videos, more reading" and remember that mods have dependencies, if you forget about them your modpack will crash.

whew... i'm glad. the "why on earth" s kinda made me think you were.

i have started getting the 1.7.10 mods downloaded.

i do have two more questions (for the moment... no promises there won't be more to come).

which version of 1.7.10 do i need? is it just plain 1.7.10 or is it one of the other versions... 1.7.10 forge, blah blah blah?

and could you recommend a map mod? i use voxelmap, but i have seen others that let you drag the map in full screen etc.

thank you again for your help. maybe other people will see mine and not have to ask as well :)

Use this one. It's the recommended one for 1.7.10. If some mod will need a newer version it will show a notification screen. Rename it to modpack.jar

Map? Voxel is nice and not resurce intensive although it needs liteloader. There's also JourneyMap but it needs more cpu power. Test one and then the other.

• 10 months later...

hello bochen415

unfortunately i have the same problem

i watched this conversation but i have one question;

you mentioned to rename something to minecraft.jar, but i dont know what you have to rename and where that is

sorry for the bad english