SkyTechnic/SkyTekkit - A SkyTable inspired map for Technic SSP 7.2.6 and Tekkit 3.1.2

Plasmarf

Are you still working on this map? I love the map, and I've been doing a video series of it and I have a couple thoughts.

1. With Technic/Tekkit, if you have bricks, you can make iron from tin, so there's no need for an iron ore block. (Video -

- skip to 8:30)

2. You can also make obsidian using water & lava cells (Video -

- skip to 17:27)

3. Gold can be gotten from zombie pigmen in the nether.

4. You could make us take the bucket of lava over to the water to make cobble. If you wanted. Just sayin.

5. I agree that you don't need diamonds AND flint, just one or the other.

• 1 month later...

Can someone give me some hints on getting all the crystals in order to make the Thaumic crystalizer on this map? all i get is vaporous from the wisps (without using mystcraft books, building out to mainland, or cheating them in.)

use rei minimap's biomes setting to find the biomes needed. (perhaps plasmarf could make some custom biomes for wisps here and there?)

fire wisps - deserts

water wisps - anything cold, oceans, rivers, etc.

earthen - forest and taiga

vaporous - plains

pure - mushroom island and pretty much everywhere (pretty rare, though)

taint - wisps in a tainted area have a chance to be tainted.

also, you could get the creative notebook and write a void age with those biomes. I'm sure that would be okay as the only resources you acquire is one block of stone.

use rei minimap's biomes setting to find the biomes needed. (perhaps plasmarf could make some custom biomes for wisps here and there?)

Thanks, even though i can't seem to find that setting on Rei's I'll keep looking. the version I get to use on that map is _04 and it did say there was an update to _05 If that option isn't in _04 let me know because i REALLY can't find it. Thanks either way for the help.

Thanks, even though i can't seem to find that setting on Rei's I'll keep looking. the version I get to use on that map is _04 and it did say there was an update to _05 If that option isn't in _04 let me know because i REALLY can't find it. Thanks either way for the help.

It's been in rei's since forever. where it says "render type" click where is says surface until it says biome.

on another note, plasmarf, is it okay to make a void age in the map?

Thanks goreae, that was helpful. Sadly it appears this map was built from a superflat so, only 1 biome and of the plains flavor. If anyone knows a way to get a hold of Plasmarf can you ask them to come back to this thread? Seems that the last visit was early October.

I used a program called Biome painter to edit my copy. It was annoying to say the least until i found out where the start point was. I added a forest, desert, river, and mushroom biome in small strips around the start point. Hopefully this will give Plasmarf some idea of how he wants to do it later or if i have some time and his permission i could edit one and post it on here obviously making it a little less crappy than my copy.