clients crashing, somehow related to refinery?

nov3mber

Question

a day ago someone put down an oil refinery and everyone in the area's clients crashed. if you try to login you get on for a half second then get a blue screen then a white screen and crash. i managed to teleport away and discovered that you only crash if you come within a aprox. 50 block radius of this oil refinery. any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it?

4 answers to this question

There seems to be a graphical glitch with tanks. We had it from tanks that we had in our 1.1.4 world after we converted to Tekkit 2. Im not shure what the content of those tanks are, but i know that atleast some tanks that contain oil from our 1.1.4 map dont crash ppl.

What we did to fix it was to fly over the area, and worldedit out tanks, that solved it for us atleast. But our problem wasnt related to the refinery as far as i know.

I've been getting tank-related crashes on my 1.1.4 server, too, with just a pump attached to the tanks. Somehow the 'stored' liquid value, normally between 0-16000, gets corrupted with extremely large and/or negative values, and the client crashes trying to render a tank that is now over-100% full.

I haven't been able to track down a root cause yet, so likewise all I've been doing so far is deleting tanks in the affected area.

Hmm, if anyone is good at coding stuff, there a fix might be to dissabled placing a tank near a refinery nad vice versa? I know the plugin of MagicCarpet are doing something similar, it checks for cactie nearby, and if it finds it, it wont generate the glass since it will remove the cactie. Pherhaps a "Tekkit pluginfix"?