Tekkit server hosting on a mac (having problems)

Im haivng problems setting up a server on a mac, and was wondering if anyone could explain steps to me if they have had experience on a map. And yes, Torezu, I know, i should have read the directions or whatever. Just please dont comment telling me to do so, I've done it, and I cant find any help. Thanks!

Im haivng problems setting up a server on a mac, and was wondering if anyone could explain steps to me if they have had experience on a map. And yes, Torezu, I know, i should have read the directions or whatever. Just please dont comment telling me to do so, I've done it, and I cant find any help. Thanks!

ok.... explain the "problems" you've been having and your steps you've gone thru to attempt to setup the server

• 2 weeks later...

Making a server on a Mac is almost as easy as making one on windows, only instead of using the launch.bat file in the server folder you have to launch the server using terminal. If you don't know what that is then you're better off just looking for "how to make tekkit server mac" tutorial on YouTube. There are always plenty of those.

make sure you have java 7 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u4-downloads-1591156.html

use textedit and make a file named start.command with the following

#!/bin/sh

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

exec /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

open your terminal and run chmod a+x and drag start.command into terminal. then hit enter.

if you havent already move the start.command file you created and put it in with your tekkit server folder.

it should work. im not a heavy mac user more of a linux guy. let me know if it doesn't work.

I tried doing that, btw thank you for taking the time, but it just keeps saying something things in the terminal saying ive dont have permission e.g.

chmod a+x

usage:chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...

MacBook-Pro:~ ldpink$ /Users/ldpink/Desktop/Tekkit_Server_3/start.command

-bash: /Users/ldpink/Desktop/Tekkit_Server_3/start.command: Permission denied

I tried doing that, btw thank you for taking the time, but it just keeps saying something things in the terminal saying ive dont have permission e.g.

chmod a+x

usage:chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

do it like this then:

sudo chmod a+x ldpink$ /Users/ldpink/Desktop/Tekkit_Server_3/start.com

ypu will be asked for your root password, which if its your computer is probably nothing or "password"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

chmod a+x

it says permission denied because you need to re download the server file and get a fresh start, it did that to me too