Problems with mining well

Fliptc

So I just started playing on tekkit a few hours ago, and I've been getting into everything and learned about all the awesome new shit I can do. But one thing that's really frustrating me is that I can't get the mining well to work, and I want to use a combustion engine with my quarry :(

For some reason, the mining well only goes straight down and doesn't spit out any water or oil, or lava. I tried in the Tekkit server and.. other one, can't think of what the name was (but the two different modes you can try at start up)

Also, waterproof pipes don't connect to the mining well, they just float above it, tanks do connect to it though. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated, sitting here putting water buckets into the combustion engine is getting old fast :o

I think you're talking about an IC2 Miner here. That requires something that produces EU, so I would hit up the IC2 wiki to learn how to do that. Also you will want to build an IC2 pump and stick it next to the miner. This will allow you to siphon liquids when you encounter them. Bear in mind these will connect to pretty much any pipe or tube you have -except- the redpower liquid pipes. They're not there yet, but they will be eventually. For now, you're stuck using buildcraft liquid pipes for liquid.

Also, you will want to use a scanner in your miner to allow it to scan. There are 2 different kinds, but ideally you want an OV scanner. This will allow the miner to scan in a 9x9 area around it and pull out all the valuable minerals.

Quarries use buildcraft energy. Go for it and enjoy the gaping rape holes it makes.

I suspect he's talking about the BuildCraft Mining Well, which as far as I'm concerned is useful for exactly one thing: making a BuildCraft Pump. Otherwise, they're useful in that they can be run off a redstone engine, and otherwise need nothing else, but they also leave mining pipes everywhere, and only mine one column at a time.

I suspect he's talking about the BuildCraft Mining Well, which as far as I'm concerned is useful for exactly one thing: making a BuildCraft Pump. Otherwise, they're useful in that they can be run off a redstone engine, and otherwise need nothing else, but they also leave mining pipes everywhere, and only mine one column at a time.

You know, I'm getting very spoiled on not having to even consider buildcraft as an option. It just makes life so much simpler.

I think you're talking about an IC2 Miner here. That requires something that produces EU, so I would hit up the IC2 wiki to learn how to do that. Also you will want to build an IC2 pump and stick it next to the miner. This will allow you to siphon liquids when you encounter them. Bear in mind these will connect to pretty much any pipe or tube you have -except- the redpower liquid pipes. They're not there yet, but they will be eventually. For now, you're stuck using buildcraft liquid pipes for liquid.

Also, you will want to use a scanner in your miner to allow it to scan. There are 2 different kinds, but ideally you want an OV scanner. This will allow the miner to scan in a 9x9 area around it and pull out all the valuable minerals.

Quarries use buildcraft energy. Go for it and enjoy the gaping rape holes it makes.

I never..Thought of quarries like that...

Now, I'm going to try to actually answer OP's question.

You seem to have confused the BC pump with the mining well, whereas they're two different things. The mining well mines dirt/rock etc, while the pumps takes care of liquids, which seems to be what you're searching for.

I never..Thought of quarries like that...

Run around a server where everyone and their mother has made a 64x64 quarry or three on land.

Now, I'm going to try to actually answer OP's question.

You seem to have confused the BC pump with the mining well, whereas they're two different things. The mining well mines dirt/rock etc, while the pumps takes care of liquids, which seems to be what you're searching for.

Torezu actually answered this already. The OP is actually using the Buildcraft Miner and not mistaking it for the buildcraft pump. In which case he's just going to dig down no matter what and leave those horrid buildcraft mining pipes behind.