Problem Updateing

gslongboarder

Question

Launcher Version: idk

Operating System: idk

Java Version: idk

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Whenever I update tekkit most of the mod blocks disappear. idk why. and when i switch to anvil it works but it reverts my save back like a month. please help!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

Okay, let me fill in that report, since I have the same problem:

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: 1.6.0_29

Antivirus Program: Avast! 5.0.677

In addition to loosing all my mod blocks placed in the world, I also cannot access NEI or any other mod anymore, as if I was just playing vanilla.

When I try to downgrade, the alchemy mods cause strange item duplication and transformation glitches, where diamond pipes turn into full stacks of diamonds, diamond drills duplicate, and metal bars vanish and reappear randomly.

first off, I'm on a Mac. second I can still play but the blocks are gone and I can still acces NEI. I was wondering if I could change my world to anvil without going ingame. also if I deleted the tekkit backup of my world woud it make a new one of my current world instead of one a month ago?

first off, I'm on a Mac. second I can still play but the blocks are gone and I can still acces NEI. I was wondering if I could change my world to anvil without going ingame. also if I deleted the tekkit backup of my world woud it make a new one of my current world instead of one a month ago?

The Anvil conversion is done by Minecraft, so it must be done in-game, yes. Are you sure it reverts your world, or does it just reset a bunch of chunks?

The compatibility issues with updating are complex, and often it's better to just start a new world with new full versions.