Creating A Tekkit Server While Having A Bukkit One Too.

VoidTekk

Ok so I really want to have a Bukkit and Tekkit server not running at the same time but one running when the other one is down, but I already used my regular IP on my Bukkit server and when I try to run a Tekkit server with my IP it says **FAILED TO BIND TO PORT** Is another server running on that port? Thanks for taking your time to help and i'd be happy to invite anyone on the server when I can get it up :)

That message means that a program on your computer is using whatever port that your Tekkit server is trying to use. Navigate to the folder where your Tekkit server is and open a file called "server.properties" with Notepad or similar program.

Look for this line: "server-port=25565" and change the number to something different and above 1024. As long as there isn't a program using the new port, your server will start normally.

You need to specify the new port number when you connect to the Tekkit server though. All you need to do is add :<ipAddress> to the end. Assuming you change the port to 3000 and your IP address is 192.168.1.5, you would use the following to connect: 192.168.1.5:3000.

It still says **Failed To Bind To Port** I have tried many different ports and all of them say this error message.

Is there anything else with that error message? I get the following error when I specify an invalid IP address in my server.properties file, regardless of what port I specify.

2012-08-11 22:00:47 [iNFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.1:30000

2012-08-11 22:00:47 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

2012-08-11 22:00:47 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

2012-08-11 22:00:47 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

If anything is after the "server-ip=" line, remove it.

Example: if you have something like what is below,

server-ip=192.168.1.175

change it to the following:

server-ip=

If that still doesn't help then post a link to your server log and server.properties file. That may give us the information to fix your problem.

If the servers never run at the same time, you can use the default port for both without a problem. And yeah, leave the 'server-ip=' line blank. That is only usefull if you have more then 1 internet connection on that pc and want to specify on which ip address your server should listen.