Need MAJOR help with permissions

Cheeseless

I've added bPermissions and Factions the other day because the people on the server really wanted it. However, despite having understood the basic syntax of the permission files, I can't make heads nor tails of it and so I am asking anyone with some experience in this sort of thing to help me.

I am using Notepad++ to edit the .yml files.

I want to have three groups: member, leader and admin. Each would always inherit the previous groups' permissions, with member being, of course, the default group. The only difference between leaders and members would be the ability to create new factions and manage the internal hierarchy of their faction. Admins would have all permissions. Members should be able to break any block in their territory and the wilderness, use sethome and home, tpa, chestlock, etc.

I think the best possible way to achieve this would be for someone to at least tell me the nodes i would have to give to each one to the best of their abilities, and also guide me through the file placement in the correct folders.

Also, I might need help actually setting who belong to which group.

Finally, a smaller question: what happens when you op someone while using this? Do they get promoted to a higher group?

TL;DR: I need help with Bpermissions.

Thank you for even looking at the thread.

I've never used bPermissions, but all the information you're requesting should be documented. If it's not, move over to PermissionsEX because I know it is there.

In order for you to competently operate a server, you need to understand how what you've installed works yourself and not rely on others to build it for you. I can give you examples of PermissionsEX, but there are plenty on their wiki. Also, any plugins you're adding should state the nodes available somewhere as well.

I suspect the reason you're not getting assistance is it appears you're relying on others to create your server and it doesn't appear you're doing your homework.