No Rain on Tekkit Server

Corndog

I feel really stupid for having to post a forum post about this, but on my Tekkit SMP Server I cannot get it to rain or snow. Toggledownfall does NOTHING, and it won't even toggle off, just says "toggled on" every time I enter it.

If your the Admin of a server or maybe a Mod that has access to the right permissions then you could use the NotEnoughItems mod to change the weather and time of day :)

Just hit your E button and in the top left corner you can see some buttons :) clicky clicky, or maybe you have Essentials installed? try /weather storm

Let me know if it helps might know a few more tricks and ofc you are making sure your in the correct biomes for rain, snow ect ect?

Well, now I can't even log onto my tekkit server. When I try I get like 1 frame every 10 seconds, and then the tekkit game client crashes (not the server)

lol, a helpers worst nightmare! >< Ok so you are running the server? can you see an error? maybe a reinstall of tekkit? check that you haven't done something crazy in the settings like upped the RAM a little to much? what was the last thing you did? was it just the /weather thing? cause that shouldn't effect your client like that :S

I'm not even sure, I was looking through options this morning, but I didn't change anything. When I got home people were playing on it perfectly, I was talking to them through the console. I tried to log on, and it broke everything.

I believe it says java read error in the tekkit console.

Best thing to try first would be a clean install of Tekkit and maybe a server restart, be sure to delete the whole .techniclancher folder IF you don't have anything you want to save like "lastlogin" or any texture packs? pictures? just backup anything you want to keep.

to get to the .techniclancher you can use the old method of typing in %appdata% to the search bar in the start menu of windows 7.

Just a warning though, you must (and I mean must!) never ever /reload your plugins in-game if you need to reload always restart with a Tekkit server, reloading will break Tekkit.

Yeah that would work, your not getting an crazy errors in the server console are you? you might want to make sure you haven't got any world corruption. but yeah save the world file re-upload the server files and Tekkit and give it a try, again though make sure you backup any configs you might want to keep and ofc anything and I mean anything you want to keep. Backing up is key when it comes to sorting problems out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...