Combustion cooling ideas

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has some really great damn near automated cooling processes for combustion engines? I have been running 8 engines powering my HV Generator into my MFSU. They have been running great until i forgot i turned them on and they blew after about 15 mins. I have found that it takes one water pump running 4 steam engines to cool 2 combustion engines quickly enough to fill them back up while running. My setup is working really well except I have to stand around the engines the whole time they are running to know when to turn on the pumps, so i dont overload the pump steam engines and have them explode. I was thinking about using a redstone timer on the feed to the pumps but the timer doesn't work with an adjustable amount of time on. I am not using tanks just pumps and teleport pipes. Anyone have anything better where I dont have to worry about burning up my pump motors?

Here is what we did, might not come out well in text but I will try :)

Find yourself a pond/lake and setup a water pump with 4 redstone engines pumping away (preferable not to far away from your combustion engines) and leave a "world Anchor" close by the pump, the world anchor will keep the chunks around it loaded at all times. NOTE: be warned to many anchors and your server/game will start to lagg. Now you want a waterproof teleportation pipe coming out of the water pump set to the correct frequency you want to use.

Then head back to the combustion engines setup the teleportation pipes to go into them (making sure this teleport pipe is set to Receive) and hay presto you have water cooling 24/7, or as long at the pond/lake lasts! lol

hope this helps :D

Here is what we did, might not come out well in text but I will try :)

Find yourself a pond/lake and setup a water pump with 4 redstone engines pumping away (preferable not to far away from your combustion engines) and leave a "world Anchor" close by the pump, the world anchor will keep the chunks around it loaded at all times. NOTE: be warned to many anchors and your server/game will start to lagg. Now you want a waterproof teleportation pipe coming out of the water pump set to the correct frequency you want to use.

Then head back to the combustion engines setup the teleportation pipes to go into them (making sure this teleport pipe is set to Receive) and hay presto you have water cooling 24/7, or as long at the pond/lake lasts! lol

hope this helps :D

Ok so the redstone engines absolutely will not blow up? I imagine if i did keep them running all the time it wouldn't allow the levels to get low enough to where it was having a hard time keeping them filled.

The only thing a redstone engine will do is go from stage 1 to 2 and then the fastest 3 :D I believe the only time you will get problems with them is when you switch them on with nothing pipe wise attached, then you probably will get a little bang lol. I've setup loads of redstone engines all linked onto wooden transport pipes coming out of chests running for days on end, not a single problem.

The redstone engine will not blow up as long as they got work to do.

In the technic pack new rec build thermal expansion was added, it provides a better way to get water.

Interesting! I'll look into this thanks for the info :D

ahh crap sorry for the double post :S

The redstone engine will not blow up as long as they got work to do.

In the technic pack new rec build thermal expansion was added, it provides a better way to get water.

Ok so does pumping to system that is full and not allowing water to leave the pipes constitute, nothing to do? Basically can I turn them on when I start my combustion engines and let them pump until the engines actually need water without them exploding?

Ok so does pumping to system that is full and not allowing water to leave the pipes constitute, nothing to do? Basically can I turn them on when I start my combustion engines and let them pump until the engines actually need water without them exploding?

You are overthinking, the redstone engines are not clever enough to know the combustion engine is full, therefore it will keep going and won't explode.