Manual update of a mod in tekkit server help

Chris Akins

Is there a procedure for manually updating the mods in tekkit? I am trying to update the ccSensors in the latest tekkit with version 017pr2 of the ccSensors mod. I deleted the ccSensors folder on my SMP server and then followed the server install directions on the ccSensors thread on the computercraft forum. However on launching the SMP server I get a ton of java errors and a start failure. Has anyone been able to manually update ccSensors to version 017pr2? Any instructions would be nice.

I know how to help you.

1. Post in the correct section. (Hint: Recommended to be posted in the Tekkit BUG SECTION.)

2. Show us the error report.

3. Tell us what Tekkit version is.

4. ???

5. A solution to your problem.

Be lucky, that a mod didn't see this and gave you a warning.

I don't think this would necessarily go into the bugs section (As it was user error, not a bug that has to do with Tekkit itself), but maybe the general Tekkit section.

Regardless, the updated version may not be compatible with Tekkit (Or the mods included therein), or may simply be for MC version 1.3, and not 1.2.5 (Tekkit's current reccomended version).

Ok I went and posted it in the Tekkit Bug Section but as Adlersch said this isnt a bug in tekkit... I am asking for the procedure for adding mods to tekkit SMP. Also the new version of ccSensors is for 1.2.5 not the new 1.3 minecraft. I believe this has something to do with the way ccSensor was added to the current version of tekkit isnt the standard way that ccSensors would be added to a vanilla bukkit server. (the current version of tekkit appears to have ccSensors directory with another ccSensor directory nested inside it on the server side.. and this isnt the way ccSensor is normal installed.

I honestly don't know and cannot help you in any way, shape, or form, just wanted to put my two cents in that this really isn't a bug rather it's just a mod issue (Check Modder's Metropolis?) and updating.

Edit: Holy run-on sentence, Batman! That's a run-on sentence!

I would suggest rather posting in the Server Op Swap Shop, as therein lies the type of advice threads you are seeking, and therein reside the type of people that may perchance be able to assist you with your problem.

There's a new thread for this kind of stuff? Yes!

the main problem is most likely that the version you downloaded wasn't ported to bukkit. as far as I know, the version in tekkit is the only version with a bukkit port. were it a bukkit version, you would have been all set as far as server side stuff is concerned. you'd probably also need to get your players to update as well, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two problems, (forgive me im new to the world of tekkit) 1. every time I try to log on to my server it says: You do not have these proper mods. And it says I do! 2. I dont know how to update my tekkit server of if it is already at its highest version?

I have two problems, (forgive me im new to the world of tekkit) 1. every time I try to log on to my server it says: You do not have these proper mods. And it says I do! 2. I dont know how to update my tekkit server of if it is already at its highest version?

You revived this thread for this crap? Get out. Also, you're an idiot. If it says you don't have the proper mod, then you don't have it. If you don't know how to update your Tekkit server, I suggest you go back to the Yogcast for some help.

Just read these, Double-K.

Then post a bug here, but before you hit that post button, read these again.

Then reread your post and reread these. Make sure your post isn't in idiot, so few of us are fluent in it that it requires translators and ultimately divides the community.

Also read this and reread this again.

• Light gray = Links to click and to help you!
  • Post a Bug Report is on the top of the Tekkit Bug Board! Above everything else!
  • Stickies can be found above all the others with a little red pin symbol! Read those too!

(I, unfortunately speak idiot, so in case it's easiest for you to read it, there you go)