Crash upon loading world

enderstorm

Question

Like the title implies, my client is exiting back to the technic launcher every time I try to load my world. I normally wouldn't post to a forum about it, but Blightfall isn't vanilla, and I've made too much progess to simply give up and start a new world.

Not skilled in reading crash reports so I have no idea where the problem lies. Here's hoping someone does.

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/UMDnMskN

3 answers to this question

• Moderators

so Bochen and Zaza told me that it's your scanner.

at talonos.biomescanner.map.MapScanner.loadDataFile(MapScanner.java:95)

go to C:\Users\(yourusername)\Appdata\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\blightfall\saves\(name of your saved world)

find the scanner.dat file inside the save folder, back it up (copy and paste it on desktop) then delete it. Edit. just to clarify: delete the original file, not the backup!

now try running the launcher and the game

it should generate a new file for you, but you must right-click the scanner in the Jaded again

Edited by Munaus

so Bochen and Zaza told me that it's your scanner.

at talonos.biomescanner.map.MapScanner.loadDataFile(MapScanner.java:95)

go to C:\Users\(yourusername)\Appdata\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\blightfall\saves\(name of your saved world)

find the scanner.dat file inside the save folder, back it up (copy and paste it on desktop) then delete it. Edit. just to clarify: delete the original file, not the backup!

now try running the launcher and the game

it should generate a new file for you, but you must right-click the scanner in the Jaded again

Thanks - I'll try that and get back to you.

Edit: As I thought, it worked. Thanks a ton, guys.

Edited by enderstorm