HELP TEKKIT WONT START!!!

cash0701

Question

Hello everyone, 

I have had tekkit for a year or more now and I factory reset my computer and reinstalled it and it worked fine for a couple days, but then a couple days later it stopped working when i click it, it does nothing doesnt even open a task on task manager. I have tried everything including re downloading the launcher exe making a Whole new account just to see if it was my user account also i ran it in compatiblibty mode in every version and it still does not work plus i ran the troubleshooter on it and cleared the appdata and it does not work PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I also tried different versions of the launcher and tried running in administrative mode

19 answers to this question

• Moderators

ok so, the Technic launcher is slow due to a slow site that hosts the image of Tekkit Legends.

Bochen415 gave 3 options:

1 run as admin

2 reinstall java

3 try to run the linux jar file instead

before you try the linux jar, can I ask which part of the world you live in? US, EU or Asia? Some parts downloads faster while others takes longer

• Moderators

strange that you americans should get this, since Technic team lives and hosts the launcher on US.

the only people who should be getting slow launcher downloads / installs is europeans and asians

since we ruled out antivirus and firewall then try step 2. Remember to reboot your PC after uninstalling java before reinstalling it

No i mean like the .technic folder isnt even in the appdata folder

strange that you americans should get this, since Technic team lives and hosts the launcher on US.

the only people who should be getting slow launcher downloads / installs is europeans and asians

since we ruled out antivirus and firewall then try step 2. Remember to reboot your PC after uninstalling java before reinstalling it

It still hasnt worked even the jar isnt working

That leaves only the hard way.

Download http://launcher.technicpack.net/launcher4/328/TechnicLauncher.jar and place it directly in drive C:\

hit WinKey + R type cmd then hit Enter, a black window should appear
type java -jar C:\TechnicLauncher.jar in there an hit Enter

and tell me what do you see or make a screenshot

Edit: type the exact error you see in that black box

So NOW the text box works x.x

Also USA, windows ten, same problem.

Just randomly happened yesterday after my computer force updated itself.

The last entry is the correct entry, the others were just to make sure I was entering correctly. I tried the other fixes and they also did not work.

Edited by storesinab
Re-reinstalled Java, works now

Thanks, I just wanted one of you guys to test this method because I've been seeing that issue a lot recently.

As it turns out this:

oh7oMaI.png

is the proper test, if you get that it means you should uninstall all javas and reinstall a new x64 one. Probably a broken java installation.

@cash0701 time for you to run that test.