Blank Installer

jysdoran

Question

Hi,

Whenever I start up the installer.jar it gives me a blank page. and clicking next does nothing. Once I click it again though it completely blanks the page and becomes a done button. After clicking the done button the installer just quits without having installed anything. I can run tekkit fine, just that the installer is being stupid. If necessary I can upload a few pictures. I'm on a pretty old macbook running OSX 10.6.8.

6 answers to this question

I play on a mac as well. There seem to be a lot more issues with mac installs then PC unfortunately. The .exe seems to run smoother. Your best bet is to make sure you have the most current tekkit jar available and to make sure that you delete your technic folder before an install. It should be in the same "application support" directory as your .minecraft. Delete that folder, and then launch the jar again and let it re-install. I've had luck doing that.

Yeah, unfortuantely I've already tried that multiple times with no luck. In the comments on the old page I saw another case except they were using OSX 10.7 and my friend has a macbook pro running 10.6 and has no problems with it. This probably means it has nothing to do with 10.6... I got my macbook in 2009(the second newest one - just before they removed the mouse button on the trackpad)

Ok then. The best thing you can do is post your log. It'll be in application support, technic, logs. The most recent one is probably log "0" so if you make a pastbin of that and post it here someone might be able to note down what the error is. It sounds similar to an error I was having but I couldn't say anything for sure because I'm the artist not a coder.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'll probably wait until technic comes out for 1.1 though. Also I noticed that despite attempting to find it it wasn't there even though I have attempted to install it before. the installer.log file just says something along the lines of:

Detecting OS: Mac OSX

Closing installer

Just two lines...