Tekkit 2.1

Alright I have been beating my head into a wall in an attempt to get my Tekkit to work and have thus far been unable to. I got my server set up and got it running but when I got on (thought my Tekkit had updated) my server said I was missing the necessary mods (the ones in 2.1). After trying to update then reinstalling Tekkit then trying to take the 2.1 files and copy/paste them into my Tekkit folder for the past 15 hours I have finally given up after running out of ideas and redoing them three times. (Yes I probably could've asked earlier and saved myself time and a headache but I wanted to be thorough) So I'm now breaking down and asking how in the heck do I get Tekkit upgraded to 2.1 it wasn't this hard last time lol. I feel like an idiot for asking but can anyone help?

With the Launcher open, click Options. Click "Use Latest Build". Login, and it should install Tekkit 2.1 client.

I'm pretty sure Nogitsune is talking about the server. For anyone else this is the way to update the client.

Nogitsune: Download the Tekkit Server 2.1 files extract them to a fresh folder, copy over the world, world_nether and world_the_end folders from your old server into the new folder, then run launch.bat.

I'm pretty sure Nogitsune is talking about the server. For anyone else this is the way to update the client.

Nogitsune: Download the Tekkit Server 2.1 files extract them to a fresh folder, copy over the world, world_nether and world_the_end folders from your old server into the new folder, then run launch.bat.

Really? I'm fairly sure "You are missing the following mods:" is a client error spat out by ModLoaderMp Client. A server wouldn't have any reason to say the error.

It happens whenever there is a mod mismatch when you join a server. He may have upgraded his client to 2.1 then tried to join his 2.0 server. The server sees that he doesnt have the correct versions of the mods and reports that.

It's unclear from the OP what the problem is but one of us fixed it ;)