Technic pack stuck on the splash loadout? Where it says Technic pack.

Bolt732

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: 7

Antivirus Program: Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

Description of Problem:

Whenever I launch it, the splash screen just stays there and never loads. I can't close it unless I restart my computer. I have tried multiple things, they never work.

Error Messages:

None.

Error Log:

None.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Okay, so since you're running Windows 7: click on the start icon, click in the "search programs and files" box, and type in "dxdiag" with no quotation marks. Click on the "dxdiag" program that pops up in the main start window. A window should pop up that should tell you everything you need to know about your system specifications.

You may also right-click on "Computer" from the start menu and choose "Properties". This will also tell you your system information.

Alternatively, how is it you're trying to launch the Technic Launcher? Did you download the "TechnicLauncher.exe" or the "technic-launcher-latest.jar"?

Okay, here is the longer part:

Manufactorer: Dell Inc.

System model: Studio XPS 1900

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80ghz (8 CPUs),~2.8GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Page file: 3785MB used, 20110MB available.

DirectX 11.

technic-launcher-latest.jar because I didn't know about the .exe, even with research.

Alright let's try one thing after another.

First: the administrator rights.

If you know where you installed your "TechnicLauncher.exe" and your "technic-launcher-latest.jar", then locate the directory that they are located in. Once in the proper folder, right-click on "TechnicLauncher.exe" and click on "Properties". Once the new window pops up click over to the "Compatibility" tab and find the "Run this program as an administrator" option at the bottom. Make sure the box is checked and then click "OK". Then try running the launcher.

Do the exact same process for "technic-launcher-latest.jar" and see if that works.

Second: MBAM disabled.

If neither of those options works, then disable your MBAM protection temporarily and try to redo the process.

This may or may not work. We'll have to find out.

It might be in your ".techniclauncher" folder.

To get there, open up the start menu again and type "%appdata%" into the search box (no quotation marks). Click on the "Roaming" folder and find the ".techniclauncher" folder up at the top of the window and go into it. You may see the "technic-launcher.jar" in that folder, and you are certainly welcome to try the administrator process with that file; but, if you are unable to find the "technic-launcher-latest.jar" and want to use that one instead, then we must redownload it.

Was it the latest.jar or the regular .jar file?

And there's an easier fix to get rid of that splash screen if it sticks.

Hit ctrl+alt+del and open up your task manager. Go to the "Processes" tab, find the listing for "java.exe *32", click it and then click the "End Process" button at the bottom. Simple as that. No restart.