From bukkit to Tekkit

tanveerahmed2k11

I'm not sure if we are in the right place or not, but here I go.

Ok currently running a bukkit server, with a big map with great buildings and cities, and 50 plugins, now we want to change to tekkit, maybe change to it asap, now our question is:

- can we use our existing map?

- can we use our existing plugins? e.g. PEX for perms

- can we continue to be in "offline" mode and use Authme for player logins.

and is their any thing we should know about before changing to Tekkit? that we aren't aware of as we are very new to Tekkit.

The primary question here is, is your current server vanilla?

If it is then you shouldn't have many problems, except the ones DELTALON pointed out above.

The mods in tekkit introduce a variety of new ores and other features that generate with the terrain.

You will have to go outside already explored areas to find them.

If you already had some mods, it gets complicated really fast, but is still possible in theory.

Let me know if you need some specific advice.

Ok currently running a bukkit server, with a big map with great buildings and cities, and 50 plugins, now we want to change to tekkit, maybe change to it asap, now our question is:

- can we use our existing map?

- can we use our existing plugins? e.g. PEX for perms

- can we continue to be in "offline" mode and use Authme for player logins.

and is their any thing we should know about before changing to Tekkit? that we aren't aware of as we are very new to Tekkit.

- Your existing map should be fine, but as DELTALON mentioned, there will be no: volcanoes, marble, copper/tin/silver/uranium/nikolite/etc ore, oil wells, and so on in pre-existing chunks. You'll have to explore new areas to get these things to generate.

- Existing plugins should work, but the configs will have to be heavily modified to support the new items/blocks.

- Offline mode is typically used to support servers that allow people with cracked launchers to join. We do not condone nor support piracy here, so do not expect support for this feature, and don't post a server ad mentioning it.

As far as other things you should know, do a bit of research into what each mod is capable of before making the switch. There are some mods and/or items, like Equivalent Exchange, that are considered to make many of the other mods near-obsolete. There are also some items in other mods (and EE), like nukes, that can do an awful lot of damage very quickly and are typically banned from servers (using plugins) for that reason.

@

Watchful11 its craftbukkit not vanilla

Hi can I continue to use World Guard, world edit, hawkeye and precious stones. Those 4 are like essentials to run my current bukkit server and most likely stop grief.

I also use multiverse to allow players into creative world, but from the looks of it Im guessing that will have to be taken out to make the server tekkit?