Tekkit compatible MODS

Bigpappa305

Hey guys I'm looking for MODS that are compatible with tekkit that I can install on my server. I am already running forestry, but I'm hoping to find something that will add an extra aspect to the game. I found one called tropicraft that had like buried treasure and stuff and that's the kind of stuff I want. Hell I'd love to be able to try to excavate dinosaur remains. I'm also thinking about Millenaire but I dont know if it's compatible. What do I have to look for in mods to see if they are compatible or not? Any mods that you guys know of that I can install please let me know. Thanks guys, happy mining!

But, if it's compatible with Forge, got a Bukkit port, then it's compatible [it may be compatible].

so is there any sites that have lists of tekkit ready mods?

No, but you can try the mods here ( http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5 ). If they work with forge and don't have conflicts with other mod versions, they may work without blowing your stuff up. Make sure you get an id dump before you add anything that adds blocks and uses ids (in case of conflicts).

No, but you can try the mods here ( http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5 ). If they work with forge and don't have conflicts with other mod versions, they may work without blowing your stuff up. Make sure you get an id dump before you add anything that adds blocks and uses ids (in case of conflicts).

Ok so I looked at some of the mods on here and I really liked a few but I don't know what bukkit version or forge version I have or if these mods are compatible. The Mods I thought were cool were Better Farming, Camping, and Aquacraft. can you tell me if they should work? I'm running tekkit version 3.1.2 1.2.5. Anything other mods that you guys know work with Tekkit, I'd like to check them out so let me know please.

Ok so I looked at some of the mods on here and I really liked a few but I don't know what bukkit version or forge version I have or if these mods are compatible. The Mods I thought were cool were Better Farming, Camping, and Aquacraft. can you tell me if they should work? I'm running tekkit version 3.1.2 1.2.5. Anything other mods that you guys know work with Tekkit, I'd like to check them out so let me know please.

It depends if you're one of the people playing Tekkit in SSP or SMP. Whenever I mod my Tekkit install, I normally [back up and] perform a block id dump for the client then try to get the mods working client-side. If they work in testing, I'll run the same version bukkit port onto the server and then test it after I'm done updating the configs. I can't tell you if those particular mods will work because I don't use them and I don't want to install them to test them. However, most mods will allow you to research if they're compatible with a specific forge version, if they require additional APIs, or if they conflict with any of the mods in Tekkit. Usually this requires you research each mod and test each mod individually until you get them to work or you don't. If you run into issues, we may be able to help after you've researched and tried out the mods and did the basic troubleshooting. Some people on here, myself included (when available), may be able to look at a log for you and your documentation (document every install, a lot) and tell you if you did something wrong or should try something different, but very few would spell it out for you mod by mod unless they happen to run a similar set of mods.

It depends if you're one of the people playing Tekkit in SSP or SMP. Whenever I mod my Tekkit install, I normally [back up and] perform a block id dump for the client then try to get the mods working client-side. If they work in testing, I'll run the same version bukkit port onto the server and then test it after I'm done updating the configs. I can't tell you if those particular mods will work because I don't use them and I don't want to install them to test them. However, most mods will allow you to research if they're compatible with a specific forge version, if they require additional APIs, or if they conflict with any of the mods in Tekkit. Usually this requires you research each mod and test each mod individually until you get them to work or you don't. If you run into issues, we may be able to help after you've researched and tried out the mods and did the basic troubleshooting. Some people on here, myself included (when available), may be able to look at a log for you and your documentation (document every install, a lot) and tell you if you did something wrong or should try something different, but very few would spell it out for you mod by mod unless they happen to run a similar set of mods.

So what is this block ID and how do I get it /run it? Also would you suggest I build a second server and run tests there? also I am playing SMP I use Technic for SSP.

So what is this block ID and how do I get it /run it? Also would you suggest I build a second server and run tests there? also I am playing SMP I use Technic for SSP.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-block-id-dump.10289/

You use it whenever you run into a block/item id conflict. If you have the dump generated before you install stuff, you'll know what ids are available and then you change the newly-generated configs to match a fresh id.

I try to get everything running client-side first (lets you know if forge is going apeshit). Once the client works in an SSP test, I try to get the bukkit ports working server-side. I make backups of all my servers and I have at least 10 servers on my computer I can run at any one time (localhosting for myself and friends). If you're hosting online or you care about your server being down for testing, get a second one. Otherwise, just bring it down, tweak it, and test it.