Water water everywhere

zerglin9000

Trying to implement build-craft pipes onto IC2 machines can get very complicated very quickly. Anyone have advice or building plans? Especially for compact redstone wiring for engines on the wooden pipes.

Other than that, I seem to have run into a dillemma. I have spawned in a world, and I subsequently spawned on the largest piece of land mass, which looks a bit like a miniscule italy. The general dimensions might have it at about 20 blocks wide at its widest, and perhaps 200 blocks long in the shape of a generic T, and I find it fascinating exactly how little land mass there seems to be out there. I have just explored one square kilometer of ocean surrounding me, and only found a handfull of sandbars that even qualify as dry land. If you are interested in living on italy in a water world, see if this seed plants you in the same place: -5164010416402529884

What I really want to know is whats the best way to transport quickly between the next landmass and my little italy, which is approx 1000 metres away by boat. Is there a teleportation system implemented? And which system is the least expensive? I just started and only have a simple array for my mining operation back home.

I didn't see a good place to post about seed generation, so I figured I'd just talk about my realm.

Trying to implement build-craft pipes onto IC2 machines can get very complicated very quickly. Anyone have advice or building plans? Especially for compact redstone wiring for engines on the wooden pipes.

Other than that, I seem to have run into a dillemma. I have spawned in a world, and I subsequently spawned on the largest piece of land mass, which looks a bit like a miniscule italy. The general dimensions might have it at about 20 blocks wide at its widest, and perhaps 200 blocks long in the shape of a generic T, and I find it fascinating exactly how little land mass there seems to be out there. I have just explored one square kilometer of ocean surrounding me, and only found a handfull of sandbars that even qualify as dry land. If you are interested in living on italy in a water world, see if this seed plants you in the same place: -5164010416402529884

What I really want to know is whats the best way to transport quickly between the next landmass and my little italy, which is approx 1000 metres away by boat. Is there a teleportation system implemented? And which system is the least expensive? I just started and only have a simple array for my mining operation back home.

I didn't see a good place to post about seed generation, so I figured I'd just talk about my realm.

Teleport tethers can teleport you, but they're stupidly hungry in energy, such a distance if far beyond their limits anyway. I think Thaumcarft has teleport seals, but they produce some taint, so you'd have to lookout so you don't infect your place. Also, what I do nowadays : A long, straight road 3 or four blocks large made out of ice. I use it as a highway for my quantum suit. I think a quantum suit sprinting on ice is the fastest your character can go in technic.

Not a teleport tether, Xylord. That's the chunk loader. :P

But yeah, the teleporters take SO much power and there's really no other good way, so I'd recommend looking into the Portal gun mod.

Oh you're right, sorry for the confusion.

But to be honest, if you have a small taint sucker setup, you can easily use the teleport seals without having to worry about anything.

I believe you can actually use Mystcraft books for inter AND intra-world travel, because a linking book will take you to wherever you crafted it. Don't hold me to that though. This would also mean you would be able to use the crystal portals like this too. Potentially unlimited portals too.

Portal gun mod works well too, but it's 4 portal-per-world limit is a little restricting.

I believe you can actually use Mystcraft books for inter AND intra-world travel, because a linking book will take you to wherever you crafted it. Don't hold me to that though. This would also mean you would be able to use the crystal portals like this too. Potentially unlimited portals too.

Portal gun mod works well too, but it's 4 portal-per-world limit is a little restricting.

I believe Mystcraft books are inter-dimensional travel only, but with a tiny bit of creativity you can travel intra-dimensionally with two hops. I prefer to make a void age or something and build a book room in said age.