AMCO MOD PACK: MY THOUGHTS

Leon140000

Alright I just spent the last half an hour nursing my gut back to health from laughing. I searched AMCO on the forums and found a few threads, almost all of which involved a bunch of internet tough guys blabbering about how much better it is than Technic. Well let me start off with this, some of the mods in AMCO (tale of kingdoms, Inficraft, minions, not to mention the a few of the technic mods etc.) but that doesn't stop it from having ALOT of not bad mods but just alot that don't belong like treecapitator and timber? Why do you need 2 of the same thing? But than you have things like creeps and weirdos, friend mod, simple harvestcraft, things that could be removed and replaced with better mods. I'm not saying that it's a bad modpack or that any of the mods are absolute shit but just the fact that there is so much outrage between which mod is better! I understand the human need to argue and complain but when there is THIS much outrage over something so stupid it is just mind-boggling. Feel free to share your thoughts as I am genuinely curious.

You're saying that people are having stupid arguments about free modpacks to enhance their playing experience? Its not even worth considering, just a bunch of people who think their opinion is the one and only correct view.

As far as AMCO goes, that was my modpack of choice before I picked up Technic, and my general opinion of it is that its a lot larger than it needs to be. I always felt that the majority of the mods that were included had little or no role on my actually gameplay experience.

You're saying that people are having stupid arguments about free modpacks to enhance their playing experience? Its not even worth considering, just a bunch of people who think their opinion is the one and only correct view.

As far as AMCO goes, that was my modpack of choice before I picked up Technic, and my general opinion of it is that its a lot larger than it needs to be. I always felt that the majority of the mods that were included had little or no role on my actually gameplay experience.

Precisely. I think the same thing as you both. It's just a bunch of people who really want their opinions to be right. As for Pulse, that's what I did. The most common reason that AMCO supporters use is that it has customizable mods. I don't want to customize the technic mods because all of them are awesome (save redpower but whatever, that's just my opinion... Stupid redstone) however I did exactly what you did and by the end I just had a watered down version of Technic.