Frozen Splash Screen

PurPleRetro

Question

Launcher Version: Lastest

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Java Version: java jre 7u7

Antivirus Program: Norton 360 Premium

Description of Problem:

I open the launcher and it says downloading the files, then nothing, i click on it again and it says checking latest versions for a second then closes, so i go to the .jar file and it pops up as the splash screen and just freezes there. I have tried making a .bat file to run the launcher, making a path to the java, uninstalling and reinstalling java, trying different versions of the java. But nothing has worked. I was wondering what i am doing wrong and if so, skype about it becuase i cant seem to get it to work. My skype is Thefakeraras, i posted this is the wrong fourm so i hope now i can get help. If there a solution i didnt try yet, please link me.

Error Messages:

No message.

Error Log:

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_07-b11'

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.1'

[20:36:50] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

[20:36:51] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]	Exception in thread "main" 

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]	java.lang.NullPointerException

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[20:36:52] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

7 answers to this question

Uninstall java 7, install java 6, and ignore the people who are about to call me an idiot.

You are an idiot.

Here is why:

Hey, the mods don't want people to know this and refuse to put it on the common problems, but technic doesn't work with java 7. You have to use java 6 buddy. It took me weeks to find this out. Glad I could help

Stop threadjacking.