"Can't find Java Directory"

Ze'ev

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2 (I think)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Java Version: Version 7, Update 7 (I literally just updated it)

Antivirus Program: Zone-Alarm

Description of Problem:

I used to play tekkit on an XPS-15Z, then I recently got a new XPS-15Z. I moved the .techniclauncher to my %appdata%, then re downloaded the Technic Launcher. When I tried to open it, it said "Can't find Java Directory." I re-downloaded my .TechnicLauncher, and Java.

Error Messages:

Can't find Java Directory

Error Log:

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	Allocated 247.5 Mb of RAM

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_07-b11'

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.1'

[19:04:52] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'false'

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]	java.lang.NullPointerException

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MD5Utils.updateMD5Cache(MD5Utils.java:71)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:360)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]	All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:45)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadRelativeYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:24)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.updateModPacksYMLCache(ModPackListYML.java:82)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getConfig(ModPackListYML.java:72)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getModPacks(ModPackListYML.java:108)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.<clinit>(ModPackListYML.java:60)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:361)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]	All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]	Exception in thread "main" 

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[19:05:02] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

12 answers to this question

For the past 2 weeks, I've not been able to log on to tekkit, which really bugs me because I was just going to test out my ComputerCraft Nuclear Torpedo program.

I used to play Tekkit on my old computer, but I just got a new one (The same computer btw, if that changes anything in the code), and it won't run. I re-downloaded the launcher, I deleted my .techniclauncher, I re-downloaded Java, and it still won't work. Help.

I'le try that. I've been having some problem with ZoneAlarm interfering with other games too, anyways.

OK, so I viewed my ZoneAlarm, then turned off application control, which didn't allow it to download unauthorized files. It still wont work.

Should have mentioned earlier, the "post-loading bar" in the task manager should just be called "java.exe". You can get rid of it by killing that process.

I would try disabling ZoneAlarm entirely. Like, all of it. Kill the whole damn thing. Because if it's not interfering, and you don't have another firewall in the way, and your Internet is actually working, then this error message is impossible.

The problem is that I didn't install Zone-Alarm. My dad did, because I don't know all that much about getting a computer set up after buying it. He, sadly has a tendency to not tell me the passwords, and not let me be Administrator, as he thinks I'll download something bad. I might know a way to disable everything, but it may take some doing.