EMC Trading/Shop Idea

ace223

In my server i have decided to disable Collectors and Condensers but i still want my players to be able to get access to some of the EE items.The idea came to me that they could trade diamonds and items in a shop (that has a condencer or tablet or something) for dark matter or any of the EE items.

I just not sure how to go about doing this. because i cant constantly have one of the admins man the shop and control the condenser thats just too demanding for the admins.

The only thing i have been able to think of (thats a bit of a hassle) is that players (with an Economy plugin) sell diamonds for ECON cash then go to the store and buy stuff with the ECON cash, but thats taking the only way around

So does anybody have any ideas on how i could go about this. I havent tried very much with shop and Economy plugins but i am willing to give it a shot.

Or use a trade-o-mat. Only admins and the person who placed it can change the trade. For more info about it, check the IC2 wiki, or the technic/tekkit wiki (technic wiki has more info than tekkit wiki, but both are horrendously out of date.)

That'd work to but don't they run out of stock? Or can you hook them up to a chest or something?

they remove (the item being bought by the player) and deposit (the item being sold by the player) items into an adjacent chest. you can set up a chest with infinte inventory (using plugins), or set up a regulator to keep the chest constantly stocked from a diamond/alchemical chest filled with the items, and have a filter take whatever is being traded somewhere else.

The Trade-o-Mat doesnt give the prices that i want, it would need an admin to stand and watch it because there is a high chance people would short change it and i dont want that

Showcase is a nice plugin, but doesnt it require some form of economy plugin?

In my server i have decided to disable Collectors and Condensers but i still want my players to be able to get access to some of the EE items.The idea came to me that they could trade diamonds and items in a shop (that has a condencer or tablet or something) for dark matter or any of the EE items.

My server is similar, basically just disabling the use or crafting of OP EE items for gathering and generating resources. These are obviously condensers, collectors, the 'Nova Cats', Cat lens and Trans Table/Phil Stone. These are disabled via the mod_EE.props file (except the phil stone which is via PEX)

From what has been allowed, players are able to craft enabled items themselves, the only problem is they cant make DM / RM with the phil stone so I've created an 'EE' room where players can make use of auto crafting which will convert coal > alchemical coal > mobius > aeternalis which they can then use to craft DM / RM in order to craft other EE items. In that same room they can use the same setup to craft interdiction torches. So basically, people can get by with the phil stone, also they can charge their klein's using tungsten ore or whatever in the relays i've placed at spawn.

Also, do use ShowCase as its not necessary to have an economy plugin, it can be purely used to display items as it has a '/scs display' command u can use. edit: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/scs/

So basically this allows ur players to be MORE self sufficient.

if you wanna check it out, feel free to PM me for the IP (I dont wanna place it here just incase its deemed as server advertising)

FYI the server is hosted in South Africa.

Rusty, i would have to take a look at your creation, it sounds great and gives me an idea. i will hit you up with a PM so you can pass me on the ip.

If you dont mind me sort of copying you that would be very much appreciated.

Industrial Miner, that has to be the coolest story i ever heard. Apple are just down right up themselves sometimes. Amazed they havent tried to sue Windows for copying their idea of a Operation System yet -.-