Can't allocate more than 1536MB of memory

oopsilon_

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: 64bit windows 7 home premium

Java Version: Java 7 64bit

Antivirus Program: McAfee

Description of Problem:

My computer has six gigabytes of memory but when I open the launcher option it will only allow me to select memory usage options of 512MB, 1GB and 1536MB.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

11 answers to this question

I suppose, but I'd much rather have a frequent question asked in a good way rather than a rare question asked in a shit-for-brains way. This way you can at least tell they read the rules, and will probably listen to what you say. Anyways, OP, I can't help you, others probably won't help you, take some time on the search bar on the upper right of the screen. Search some stuff like 'Allocate', ' RAM', 'RAM Issue'. Got it?

And just in case the threads you find are insufficiently clear: _oopsilon, the only reason the technic launcher would limit you to 1.5GB of memory is that Technic was started with a thirty-two bit Java. This is why the various stickies urge you to install only the correct version of Java and have no other versions installed, for Java is a jealous god.

And just in case the threads you find are insufficiently clear: _oopsilon, the only reason the technic launcher would limit you to 1.5GB of memory is that Technic was started with a thirty-two bit Java. This is why the various stickies urge you to install only the correct version of Java and have no other versions installed, for Java is a jealous god.

tepidpond thank you very much for i thought I had a 64bit Java installed but I did not so I reinstalled Java (this time 64bit) and it work perfectly thank you thank you thank you.