Stopping EMC dupe

Deimos161

Hey Guys,

I was wondering how you all stop people with perpetually infinite EMC machines. People are coming on to my server and within a day will have full RM armour and then within three days they have full Quantum armour.

We have banned block breakers to stop the cobble gen way.

We have tried the blaze rod fix but it didn't work.

When you did the blaze rod patch did you delete the EEMaps.class file from the EE2Server.zip before putting the new one in? I made that mistake the first time I tried it and it worked perfectly when I did it correctly. Also when it works it won't change the EMC Value shown when you mouse over the powder as that is Client-side, but if you put it in a Trans-Tablet you'll see it shows the patched value.

Also are you using this patch: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/ee-blazerod-macerating-patch.22302/

I'd suggest using the one that patches Bone Meal too otherwise people will just switch to that instead of Blaze Rods.

You'll also want to ban deployers from deploying bonemeal as this can be used for dark room farms which are notoriously laggy. This can be done by going into the redpower\redpower.cfg file and adding the ID of Bonemeal (351:15) to the Deployer Blacklist.

This is what mine looks like:

machine {

blockbreaker.blacklist="4,52"

deployer.blacklist="126:10,126:11,237,351:15"

fakeplayer {

login=1

name="[RedPower]"

}

You can achieve the same thing using the fakeplayer in your permissions like so (I'm using PermissionsEX and NoItem):

rpfakeplayer:

default: false

permissions:

- noitem.(nopickup|nodrop|noplace|nobreak|nohold|nowear|nocraft|nouse).(4|52.all|351.15|237|126.10|126.11|246.3)

As you can see I've also added some of the banned blocks on my server to it. This stops people from using crafting workarounds to craft it then placing, for example, a Nuke into a deployer next to a redstone torch and bypassing the bans that way.

EMC Farms can use Cows/Mooshrooms too, so you may want to look into banning those in the deployer blacklist or patching their EMC, however, I'd advise against patching them in deployers because people use them for things like Water Mills, Geothermal Generators (although Lava Cells are better) and Factories.

If you need any more help with this sort of thing let me know.

EMC Farms can use Cows/Mooshrooms too, so you may want to look into banning those in the deployer blacklist or patching their EMC, however, I'd advise against patching them in deployers because people use them for things like Water Mills, Geothermal Generators (although Lava Cells are better) and Factories.

I remember seeing somewhere it's possible to 'break' mooshroom/cow milking machines... either preventing [RedPower] from crafting mushroom soup/milk (maybe it was holding or having it in inventory... can't remember specifically, I think they had it working before I switched from PEX to PermissionsBukkit + NoItem).