Nikolite Bluetricity

goreae

What I don't get is with bluetricity, you can only generate passive energy. What I want is to be able to put excess nikolite into a batterybox and have it be converted directly to bluetricity. I don't care how inneficient it becomes, as long as there is an alternative if you need some bluetricity fast, or just have way too much nikolite.

And there'll be a high chance that Eloraam demands for that converter to be taken down.

And there'll be a 100% chance that we won't give a fuck. (Perhaps I should say "I", so I don't attempt to speak for anyone else.) What is an IC2 storage unit? Do you mean as in BatBox/MFE/MFSU, will burn redstone?

And there'll be a 100% chance that we won't give a fuck. (Perhaps I should say "I", so I don't attempt to speak for anyone else.) What is an IC2 storage unit? Do you mean as in BatBox/MFE/MFSU, will burn redstone?

Yeah, those will take redstone in the bottom slot and use that up as energy. 500 EU per redstone as I remember correctly.

For the person who wrote the Forge Ore dictionary to increase compatibility between mods, Eloraam sure doesn't like people making add-ons to her mod which increase compatibility.

well the way she has it set up is you have to sork for bluetricity. if you could just turn a generator into a bluetricity producer, that would break what she wanted it to be like. with the buildcraft/ic2 converters, it is balanced, considering that buildraft has no storage units, the power converters allow you to store BC energy as EU. although it would be cool to be able to store BC energy in a gearbox or somethiing.

well the way she has it set up is you have to sork for bluetricity. if you could just turn a generator into a bluetricity producer, that would break what she wanted it to be like. with the buildcraft/ic2 converters, it is balanced, considering that buildraft has no storage units, the power converters allow you to store BC energy as EU. although it would be cool to be able to store BC energy in a gearbox or somethiing.

Well, a gearbox doesn't store energy. It acts like a mechanical advantage/disadvantage. You might be thinking of a flywheel which stores it's energy in the form of kinetic energy. To give you some perspective, most conventional batteries store energy chemically. There are other types of energy storage called capacitors that store energy on parallel conductive plates.

Back on topic, the whole point of modding is about sharing and improving upon ideas. I have no reason to believe Eloram would denounce an add on for her mod if it is well coded and supports gameplay. But honestly guys, we are arguing about what Eloram might do if and add on like this was made. Why not go ahead and code it yourselves? Hold your judgement until then.

Well, a gearbox doesn't store energy. It acts like a mechanical advantage/disadvantage. You might be thinking of a flywheel which stores it's energy in the form of kinetic energy. To give you some perspective, most conventional batteries store energy chemically. There are other types of energy storage called capacitors that store energy on parallel conductive plates.

Back on topic, the whole point of modding is about sharing and improving upon ideas. I have no reason to believe Eloram would denounce an add on for her mod if it is well coded and supports gameplay. But honestly guys, we are arguing about what Eloram might do if and add on like this was made. Why not go ahead and code it yourselves? Hold your judgement until then.

there's a reason that this is in the requests section.

Eloraam is the one with a huge notice about how you are strictly prohibited from decompiling her mod, despite that's how the mod was made in the first place. It's a reasonable expectation.But yes, academic until it's actually written.

Wait... isn't that like illegal or, if not illegal, then strongly frowned upon by most modding communities? I am unfamiliar with regards to laws dictating the copyright of modifications to other people's work.