Technic launcher.exe is not responding when opened

Killstrike246

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Java Version: I have 3: Java 6 update 35 (64bit), Java 7 update 7, Java 6 update 34 (32Bit)

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

I bought a custom computer with as many awesome parts and i wanted to see how well it could run tekkit. So i started it up (Windows 64bit already loaded on), downloaded the techniclauncher.exe, installed java 7 and then when i tried to open the techniclauncher it just crashed as soon as i opened it and said this program has stopped responding so i downloaded java 6 update 35 64 bit and installed that. When I started the technic launcher again it said the same thing. So i settled for the jar version of technic and to make this work I had to download java 6 update 34 32bit because the other javas i has didn't work. I know it's fine to have technic working but i wanted to run the exe so i can put more ram on tekkit since i have 32 gb installed on my custom!

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

none

9 answers to this question

This seems to be happening to a lot of people, been watching the forums for days, there are many with this problem, and no real solutions. And no word from the mods even acknowledging the problem exists (you'd think they could at least put a warning on the forums saying the .exe might not work for some.)

Anyway, for now, you can download the .jar (Linux version on the DL page) file and run it with Java.

Also, I think it will be a long time to get fixed, as this is a free mod and therefor there is no incentive for the mods to be nice or care when things go wrong.

This seems to be happening to a lot of people, been watching the forums for days, there are many with this problem, and no real solutions. And no word from the mods even acknowledging the problem exists (you'd think they could at least put a warning on the forums saying the .exe might not work for some.)

Anyway, for now, you can download the .jar (Linux version on the DL page) file and run it with Java.

Also, I think it will be a long time to get fixed, as this is a free mod and therefor there is no incentive for the mods to be nice or care when things go wrong.

Actually Usma has provided the solution which you tried to take credit for...

As for your issue with the mods, people like you are some of the reasons the mods don't want to be nice. They pay for the site hosting and all development and associated costs out of their own pocket and they don't even accept donations. The moderators take their free time to deal with ungrateful people like you and don't get so much as a thank you. Think about it.

Please tell me this solution I took the credit for, because I am at my wit's end and I really could use a viable solution.

PS. Only contact I had with a mod on this forum was an angry rant from him about how not to use the internet, but we both already know about that. I'm sorry the mods don't get credit for their actions, but I still can't understand why anyone would do it for free (inflated sense of authority maybe?). Anyway who gets all the money from donations and advertising then?

Please tell me this solution I took the credit for, because I am at my wit's end and I really could use a viable solution.

PS. Only contact I had with a mod on this forum was an angry rant from him about how not to use the internet, but we both already know about that. I'm sorry the mods don't get credit for their actions, but I still can't understand why anyone would do it for free (inflated sense of authority maybe?). Anyway who gets all the money from donations and advertising then?

I can't speak for them but I would assume that they do it because they enjoy this community and want to see it flourish (that and the lols). You just reposted what Usma (and by extension I) said, in my books that is taking credit for something. 100% of the donations from the site and the Launcher all go directly to the mod creators themselves.

Jay? said it best, here is why you aren't getting help:

Also for the record, not a single one of us will ever go on minecraft forums, so going there for technic support is kindof like shouting at someone at disneyland, because Jet Blue lost your luggage.

It seems like you only made one thread in the right location, and it was less than 24 hours ago. Given that the details of problem consist of "it crashes" and your log doesn't show a crash, finding the exact problem will take time.

-Jay?

I love how I have been punished for swearing at you, yet you are specifically here to "mess with idiots" and you are fine......

Also, now you can stop replying to me, I'm bored of you and my heart sinks every time I see the alert is not a solution to my problem.

I love how I have been punished for swearing at you, yet you are specifically here to "mess with idiots" and you are fine......

Also, now you can stop replying to me, I'm bored of you and my heart sinks every time I see the alert is not a solution to my problem.

When did I say that I was only here to "mess with idiots"? That is certainly a perk but I think you will find that I have helped quite a few people over the last few days.

why anyone would do it for free

For the same reason I've been an admin on the server I play on. I accepted the position because I like to help people.

I love how I have been punished for swearing at you

Probably not. I would put money on it that you were punished for breaking the rules. As in plural, which means more than one.

You aren't getting help because a. this isn't your thread and b. on your thread you were rude.

It's as simple as that. Be nice, provide the information that is asked of you, and when someone knows the answer, they can provide it to you.

(Same reason why anyone would do it for free, but you're rather cynical, so you probably don't understand what kindness is)