can't get any texture packs to work!

vestererer

Question

I'm not gonna lie you guys are a little dense. I'm on a mac and I have texture packs. Since you may be impaired just go to finder and hit command-shift-g. Then type in "~/library/application support/techniclauncher". Next just click what ever you want the texture pack to be in, technic, tekkit, etc. Finally click texure packs folder and just put the .zip file there.

"folder not found" tried enabling root user, didnt work

Okay I made an account to assist you guys. When I first got minecraft I was having issues with finding where to put texture packs and it took me a bit and lots of frustration to figure it out on my own xD

Then I was having the issues like vesterer had above so I looked around and I think I solved my own problem! Okay, here is an easy step-by-step to help you guys!!!

First you have to choose a texture pack. I chose the Sphax Pure BD texture pack, for example: http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft

For this to work, DON'T use Safari to download the file!!! Use Google Chrome or Firefox- just not Safari! The reason for this is it automatically takes it out of the ZIP format, and if you re-compress it under Get Info the file wont work correctly and when you put it in the texture pack folder and open the game it'll just be the default texture pack (and the picture will be the default texture pack in grayscale)! Repeat, use Google Chrome. Pick whatever kind you want, I downloaded 64x. So your file will download and it will be saved under Downloads. Find the file, drag the .zip onto your desktop. NOW, open Finder. At the top where it has file, edit, view, etc. pick the Go option. Then, hold down the Option key on your keyboard and pick Library. Find application support, and find the folder techniclauncher. Pick whatever kind of game you're doing (im using the pack for technicssp, so i click that folder). Find the texturepacks folder, and drag and drop the .zip in there. Then start up the game.

When you're at the game, go to Texture Packs and choose it from the menu, then hit done and it should work!! I hope this helps you guys, good luck!!!

before you do what Adalae above said, on a mac, go to terminal, type in

chflags nohidden ~/Library

then hit command shift g, and type in ~/Library/application support/techniclauncher/tekkit (or technicssp depending on what you want) and go in the texturepacks folder and drop the zip file into it, then go in the game and select it from the "texture packs" option on the main menu

:)

I'm having the same problem, i opened the zip file and put it in the texture pack folder, then realizing i did it wrong, i did it again with it how it came out after downloading, and it worked, but i clocked on the icon for that texture pack and nothing changed, its just vanilla minecraft