can't get any texture packs to work!

vestererer

Question

I'm not gonna lie you guys are a little dense. I'm on a mac and I have texture packs. Since you may be impaired just go to finder and hit command-shift-g. Then type in "~/library/application support/techniclauncher". Next just click what ever you want the texture pack to be in, technic, tekkit, etc. Finally click texure packs folder and just put the .zip file there.

I've been trying to install the Pure BDCraft pack and I'm having the same problem. Also on a mac.

With vanilla minecraft we mac users just drag minecraft into the texture pack folder, I've no idea what to do with the technic launcher, any help would be greatly appreciated.

are there any other comparable texture packs? i got that one and got it to go in the right file, but its just black and white and doesn't work when i click on it in the tp part of the game.

This is why fruit rollups have a label that says "remove cellophane before eating"

1) download your texture pack. It should be a zip file.

2) look inside the zip file. Sometimes they'll be a pack of multiple texture packs (like doku or tronic).

3) as long as it's just one zip file then you'll...

3) move your texture pack to

Windows

Technic: %appdata%\.techniclauncher\technicssp\texturepacks

Tekkit: %appdata%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\texturepacks

I don't know the exact location on mac or linux but I don't expect the file structure will have changed much.

Thank you all for the helpful, albeit exasperated responses!

I managed to get the texture pack into the folder, and it does read in the game now, however for some reason I can't select it...

Anyway, the point is that I'm closer, so I'll fiddle around with it and hopefully I'll finally be saved from the horrors of vanilla.

Anyway, thanks again!

EDIT: BADABOOM! Got it working, thanks again everyone!

how did you get it working? i also have the folder now but even after patching with mcpatcher for hd textures, it just shows up as black and white and won't work.

Why did you use MCpatcher? Optifine (part of technic/tekkit) contains built-in HD texture pack support.

You put the .zip file in ~/library/application support/techniclauncher/technicssp/texturepacks or ~/library/application support/techniclauncher/tekkit/texturepacks, depending on which one you want the texture pack in.

I am having this problem as well. While creating an HD texture pack for tekkit, I was testing it and found it wouldn't load when I clicked on it's icon in the texture packs menu.

Yes I DID compress it to a zip, and after some tests it seems this only happens with HD texture packs.

My OS is also a Mac.

Is there some problem or do HD technic/tekkit texture packs simply do not work on Macs?

EDIT: I am using Tekkit 2.1.1

My Java version is 64 bit