Almost ready to enjoy! Help me load MoCreatures to Tekkit Server+Client Please.

Tiberius_JN

Running on the latest Dev version of Tekkit of course with the Server as well. I've seen multiple videos to upload this mod to Server+Client, but are out dated. I know it will be a pain for me to accomplish this feat, and I have these files that I'll list ready to be placed in appropiate files:

- GuiAPI-0.14.2-1.2.5, - CustomMobSpawner 1.5.1, - DrZharksMoCreatures Mod v3.7.1.

I've had almost a successfull attempt thus far when I deleted the META-Inf file in the Minecraft.jar located within Tekkit>Bin. Then I inserted the contents of the 3 Folders listed above. Once completed I took and loaded DrZharksMoCreatures Mod into my Tekkit Server Mod Folder, and launched it. I then loaded the game successfully and the mod was loaded in-game, but I did not see any creatures. On a side note I was able to fiddle with the mod in-game, but there was two DrZharksMoCreatures in-game(I mean by two in-game is - I could see two bars which I could click and change not for sure why). Nevertheless, I didn't give it a night cycle to see if the creatures would've eventually loaded. Which I may have rushed it, and was expecting instant results.

So I suppose my main three questions are; If the mod was loaded in-game would it have eventually worked? Is there a better way of going about installing this mod for better functionallity? Am I stupid?! ;)

On a side note maybe my almost successfull attempt would've worked if it had not been for those doubled DrZharksMoCreatures bars.

I know it's possible - I've seen Torenzu(I think is his name)mention that he has done this before, but it is a pain.

Thanks gaisss for da feedsbacks!

I feel as if I've just been count-trolled in a very obvious, and slightly obnoxious, way.

Hehe, nah. I thought you was just kidding around. So I joked as well. Nevertheless, I did attempt proper grammar with a bit of slight silly slang at the end.

How did we end up here again?

Hehe, nah. I thought you was just kidding around. So I joked as well. Nevertheless, I did attempt proper grammar with a bit of slight silly slang at the end.

How did we end up here again?

Meh, I was semi-joking. As for how we ended up on this topic, you'll find that these forums excel at derailing theads. In fact, people like to derail so much, it's amazing that anybody uses Railcraft at all! :rimshot:

Meh, I was semi-joking. As for how we ended up on this topic, you'll find that these forums excel at derailing theads. In fact, people like to derail so much, it's amazing that anybody uses Railcraft at all! :rimshot:

:doh: Someone read Cheap Shots post... For a second I thought it was him because he made that exact same joke

Your joke = :downsrim:

OP (and anyone else curious): MoC is installed like this:

1) Get the files the OP listed, making sure they're 1.2.5 compatible.

2) Put the CustomMobSpawner and the MoCreatures file in the mods folder as .zip files.

3) Open the GUIApi file with an archival tool like 7zip, and copy its contents into the modpack.jar file for your mod pack.

I know for a fact that 3.6.2 works in both Technic and Tekkit, though you need a bukkit-ported version of the server for it to work. That installs by simple copy, and all the clients must be installed as above. I have not tried 3.7.1 because I stopped hosting my own server.

OP (and anyone else curious): MoC is installed like this:

1) Get the files the OP listed, making sure they're 1.2.5 compatible.

2) Put the CustomMobSpawner and the MoCreatures file in the mods folder as .zip files.

3) Open the GUIApi file with an archival tool like 7zip, and copy its contents into the modpack.jar file for your mod pack.

I know for a fact that 3.6.2 works in both Technic and Tekkit, though you need a bukkit-ported version of the server for it to work. That installs by simple copy, and all the clients must be installed as above. I have not tried 3.7.1 because I stopped hosting my own server.

Well look at you being all helpful and stuff! Just like the old days :)