Looking for Farming Mods!!!

goreae

Hello! I am looking for mods that add interesting farming mechanics, like you have to plant something and harvest it later, or just some sort of time-based balancing. without losing too many supplies. I already have a few mods in the list, all of which add cool farming things, but it turned into a tech pack somehow:

• Twilight Forest: getting fireflies from growing trees is just awesome. pure awesome.
  • forestry: not only does it supply peat, bees, and automatic farms, but it gives you ways to use your crops in a productive manner, not just stockpiling for the apocalypse.
  • IC2: the entire crop system is just too amazing to exclude.
  • Redpower: eloraam deserves a medal for her flax. it also adds moss stone and cracked/moss bricks.
  • Thaumcraft?: TC2 had crystal farming, which is pretty cool, but I don't know if TC3 will have it.
  • Railcraft: coal coke is simply genius. I love it so much.
  • Mightypork's neo melaphyre, if it gets updated: allows a semi-balanced way of farming ores.
  • millenaire: maize, rice, mud bricks, just plenty of farming stuff from other cultures, most of which requires unlocking.
  • xycraft: I've seen the screens, and there are like 4 or 5 new crops, which will be used in the mod somewhere
  • Pam's Mod: adds too many plants n'stuff to the game.

if you know of any mods that add cool farming stuff, please please please tell me! thank you!

Pam's mods are definitely super groovy. Pretty sure it's SMP too.

But hey, half of these are already in both packs, and the others have already been suggested :D

the thing is, I'm more interested in creating my own personal pack, but it somehow turned techy on me. the idea is to make it a farming pack, but it just so happens that tech mods have awesome farming mechanics. how ironic! XD

Bioxx is working on an amazing farming system (quite a bit of it is already in) into TerraFirmaCraft. But it probably not compatible with the other mods you've listed though.

Although TerraFirmaCraft is totally incompatible with everything evar, I heard on the grape vine that that was one of the authors having discussions for inclusion into the launcher.

yeah, I've seen videos on terrafirmacraft, and it's too much of a full-game conversion for my tastes. I'd use it on its own, but not with anything else really. It would dominate over all of the other mods, making it so I forget there's any other mods installed until I see a beehive or a rubber tree. it's a good suggestion, and a great mod, but it's too much for the pack.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've discovered pam's mod is really pointless. yes, there's dozens of new crops, but the vast majority of it is to make ridiculous and complicated food items. some of which actually require you to mine some sort of ore like salt. I'm never really pressedfor food in minecraft, so all those crops would just be sitting around useless. at least in xycraft, the crops have alternative uses to food.