My launcher is not working :/

Boston81

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2 I beleive

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program: Kaspersky

Description of Problem:

For the past week I have been having trouble downloading the Technic Pack. When I download the Technic Pack I get the "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working" error. I have read over some other peoples posts where it seems they have the same problem and I have noticed people are telling them to download the Linux version with the .jar. But when i go to download that file my computer tells me these kind of files can harm my computer. So, I am wondering if these files will actually harm my computer or my computer is over reacting. If you know please tell me :). Also if i get the .jar file do i just click on it on my desktop or in the Technic folder in my roaming folder? Or what? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section or i messed up something this is my first post :))

Error Messages:

Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working.

Error Log:

I do not believe I have these but i may be wrong :S

9 answers to this question

i had this exact problem and when i used the jar, the same warning came up. i still used it but the jar file didnt work, the launcher logo comes up and stays there and wont go away till i either log off or shut down my computer. there are only a few files in the .techniclauncher file in %appdata% and none can be run or anything so it doesnt work... any solutions?

i had this exact problem..... but

Those words there are your problem. Don't post useless stuff like this, it confuses other people. Just post a solution, or the solution that fixed your similar problem. This is just rude. It's like your friend saying they had a bad day, and you one-upping it with "this is why my day was worse". Post your own report and wait your turn.

My god, you people are so sensitive. It's like you have no life so all you do is overreact to every detail. I was simply agreeing with the first problem in the hopes that it might help the both of us get a useful solution. Yet all I got was a bunch of pathetic twats saying I'm causing problems. And for your information ashzification, no where in my post did I use the word but. Or maybe you have a reading disability.

:rant:

Look who is the sensitive one now... Bride told you to follow the rules because threadjacking the way you did makes it harder for us to help the person who went to the trouble of filling out the bug report and giving us the info we need to help them.

Just saying "Ya me too" does nothing but add extra, unneeded length to the report, making it harder for people with similar problems to find the solution. All we ask is that people follow the rules and make their own reports, but sometime we get "annoying twats saying we are causing problems". As for the quotation, the word but was added instead of the rest of your post. The ending part of your post was essentially a long winded way of saying that your problem is different. (Kind of how I changed your quote to save space ;))

EDIT: Also you did use the word but... Here it is for your convenience:

i had this exact problem and when i used the jar, the same warning came up. i still used it but the jar file didnt work, the launcher logo comes up and stays there and wont go away till i either log off or shut down my computer. there are only a few files in the .techniclauncher file in %appdata% and none can be run or anything so it doesnt work... any solutions?

My god, you people are so sensitive. It's like you have no life so all you do is overreact to every detail. I was simply agreeing with the first problem in the hopes that it might help the both of us get a useful solution. Yet all I got was a bunch of pathetic twats saying I'm causing problems. And for your information ashzification, no where in my post did I use the word but. Or maybe you have a reading disability.

See, now you're just being mean. There is no reason at all to say this. Regardless if you are right, or Jorcer's quote is right (which is what I read, for everyone's information), there is no reason to say I have some sort of a disability because you are now on the defensive.

You did not contribute anything useful to the issue, whatsoever. Get the stick out of your butt and go ask for help without taking over someone else's time and space. People that thread jack are just as bad as Kanye.

See, now you're just being mean. There is no reason at all to say this. Regardless if you are right, or Jorcer's quote is right (which is what I read, for everyone's information), there is no reason to say I have some sort of a disability because you are now on the defensive.

You did not contribute anything useful to the issue, whatsoever. Get the stick out of your butt and go ask for help without taking over someone else's time and space. People that thread jack are just as bad as Kanye.

I laughed at the reference to Kayne... Nice.

Yeah, I did overreact, I apologise. Was just a little frustrated because I'm no expert at computers and I couldn't find a solution. Plus I actually had no idea how to get an error report or whatever it's called, hence I didn't want to make my own thread without one, knowing someone would get upset. But I'm sorry for the way I acted, actually very mean like ashzification said. And what I think you'll find is that when I said "but the jar didn't work" or something like that, I was continuing on from what Boston81 said, as he never used the jar for fear it might be harmful. Not so different from his problem, unlike jorcers claim, simply what I presumed to be the more advanced stages of the same problem.