"Technic Updater Launcher has stopped working"

iscrellik

Question

Launcher Version: 1.3.2

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: newest

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When i click open Technic Launcher the message "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working" pops up and its just shuts down.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

21 answers to this question

Both of you go to Jorcer's profile, and look in his Postings tab. He has posted the solution to this, easily, 30 times.

And OP, you are not running launcher 1.3.2

Because I am awesome here:

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm totally lost. How do I change the file extension? I'm having the same problem as the original poster. I click the "Windows" version, I click run, then run again, then it just says "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." Any help would be awesome! Thanks! :D

This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm totally lost. How do I change the file extension? I'm having the same problem as the original poster. I click the "Windows" version, I click run, then run again, then it just says "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." Any help would be awesome! Thanks! :D

Download the jar from the site (like I said) then rename the file from .zip to .jar

just registered to say thank you to jorcer, you fixed my problem

also youre a handsome man

Glad I could help :)

This person effectively used the search function.

Sir/ma'am could you teach this to other users?

Judging from some of the users I have seen, I doubt it.

Because I am awesome here:

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

i'm totally sorry but there's a little issue that any of my java and javaw .exe's just do nothing when i ask them to

Great !

I can't delete it from Programms and Components because of error 1723.

"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this instal to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

what is this ??

Great !

I can't delete it from Programms and Components because of error 1723.

"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this instal to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

what is this ??

Never seen that. Not sure what to tell you sorry. hopefully someone else can help.

okay. '

It took me time, but now i've deleted the older versions.

re-downloaded .JAR - nothing happened.

will try re-installing java 7 x64(i have win7 64bit), reboot my computer and try again.

Once again i have just a 1 sec java black screen, when i'm trying to run it.

Updated the .NET, rebooted again, still nothing happens.