I try to download the launcher, but the launcher won't even open!

Baconlovinjew

Question

I just recently got back into minecraft and I wanted to start playing on some modpacks and first instinct was to come back to the technic launcher i used to play on way back when i first started, and now when I try to download it, it'll do the download but the launcher won't open. I tried deleting it from my computer and downloading it again, it still won't open. I had it downloaded before, but it would crash upon installing or when about to launch a modpack so i thought i'd have to reinstall it but once i tried that it just doesn't work! What do i do or what did i do to mess this up?

2 answers to this question

I just recently got back into minecraft and I wanted to start playing on some modpacks and first instinct was to come back to the technic launcher i used to play on way back when i first started, and now when I try to download it, it'll do the download but the launcher won't open. I tried deleting it from my computer and downloading it again, it still won't open. I had it downloaded before, but it would crash upon installing or when about to launch a modpack so i thought i'd have to reinstall it but once i tried that it just doesn't work! What do i do or what did i do to mess this up?

Ehm. That is quite a rare issue. Try downloading CCleaner or an advanced deleter program. And clean up ALL the bits the technic launcher left behind. Also, delete your current java version and download java 8 & 64 bits 
http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=113219

After you've done that try downloading the technic launcher again