Better Tree Cutting - Newton's Trees!

Ani2

Basically, here's the deal - make Logs and Leaves into falling blocks that do a bit more damage than Sand and Gravel do - but make Logs drop four Wood Blocks, which resemble a quarter of a Log akin to the quarter-block Greatwoods, and are crafted at a ratio of 1:1 into Planks. Wood Blocks would not be gravity blocks, but could be crafted into regular Log blocks at 4:1.

And that's it. Treefelling will be greatly improved, and the fact that gravity blocks have to 'update' before falling, that would make it even better - cut down the root block, the entire trunk falls down a bit, and any branches and/or Leaves will fall down too.

So - anyone want to make this? I'm thinking it would make a great replacement to Timber! or Treecapitator, because it would bring back the usefulness of the Axe of the Stream and the Chainsaw, which was removed when Treecapitator was added.

Don't bump unless you actually have new information. Your suggestion has been seen and noted, and it isn't a new one. People have been talking about wanting this long before technic even existed.

Okay, sorry.

I know this isn't a real excuse, but I use the MCForums alot and I know now that the rules are alot better enforced here than they are over there. I won't do it again.