Removing EE EMC values? Creating an economy.

Bangers

Is there a change or remove the EMC values from items in Tekkit? So that they would not be transmutable.

I'd like to make a working economy based on finite resources. Potentially oil and fuel, maybe something else. Is there a way to do it?

And if it is possible, can you think of a better non-renewable resource to use as a currency? Something that won't stop the EE users from making whatever they want anyway. Tungsten maybe?

i think i've read somewhere here on the forums that you can dissable the ore creation for the transmutation table, that would easily fix your (and my) problem. Unfortunatelly that post didnt told about how to make that, anyway i dont find it now, so if someone knows how to do that please tell us.

Is there a change or remove the EMC values from items in Tekkit? So that they would not be transmutable.

I'd like to make a working economy based on finite resources. Potentially oil and fuel, maybe something else. Is there a way to do it?

And if it is possible, can you think of a better non-renewable resource to use as a currency? Something that won't stop the EE users from making whatever they want anyway. Tungsten maybe?

I tested a CustomEMC plugin and work great for modifying the EMC value. This can also give EMC value for non-EE mod items like RedPower or IC2. I was able to transmute carbon plate. The downsize is educating players to expect the changes.

For disabling certain items, the plugin, Tekkit Restrict, should be something to look into.

I tested a CustomEMC plugin and work great for modifying the EMC value. This can also give EMC value for non-EE mod items like RedPower or IC2. I was able to transmute carbon plate. The downsize is educating players to expect the changes.

For disabling certain items, the plugin, Tekkit Restrict, should be something to look into.

Thanks for this!

The tricky thing to achieve is to have a balanced economy WHILE keeping most of EE unbanned. I'm strugling thinking about this everyday.

So what do you guys think would be the best way to stop all possible ways of infinite EMC?

i'm thinking about seting EMC for cobble, snow, ice, milk to 0 perhaps?

EDIT: not only infinite EMC methods, but other items that would need an EMC change to match a more balanced economy

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

Thanks for this!

The tricky thing to achieve is to have a balanced economy WHILE keeping most of EE unbanned. I'm strugling thinking about this everyday.

So what do you guys think would be the best way to stop all possible ways of infinite EMC?

i'm thinking about seting EMC for cobble, snow, ice, milk to 0 perhaps?

EDIT: not only infinite EMC methods, but other items that would need an EMC change to match a more balanced economy

You would have to set every renewable resource to zero. Beef, wool, bones, water, anything made by scrap boxes... everything. If there is one item that can be made infinitely, someone will use it to get infinite EMC. If you want to get rid of infinite EMC then you'll need to disable the transmutation tablet, condensor and collectors.