Folding the Fabric of Space Time?

gavjenks

I'm not sure if this works just yet, but an idea:

Build two IC2 teleporters right next to each other and link them. Then attach one to an RP2 frame engine and pull it 10,000 blocks away or whatever. Would it still use the amount of EU that you would expect from them being right next to each other?

Main usage of this by the way: Right now I have teleporters right under the floor of the platforms for the portals leading to the end, which teleport you into a room on top of a pressure plate that electrocutes you instantly, even in quantum (as per other earlier threads). Problem is, the entrance points are all about 1000 blocks from each other and 700 from the main island, so I need a large number of MFSUs and complexity to give them enough juice to guarantee killing people, even if a half dozen folks rush the portal at once.

Now, however, I can make it so a single full MFSU can teleport like... 5,000 people or something, and refill fast enough with just a single geothermal or two, all the way across the End to a single death machine for all 3 portals.

Major savings in time and expense, and major improvement in security in my quest to completely secure the entire End dimension.

Main usage of this by the way: Right now I have teleporters right under the floor of the platforms for the portals leading to the end, which teleport you into a room on top of a pressure plate that electrocutes you instantly, even in quantum (as per other earlier threads). Problem is, the entrance points are all about 1000 blocks from each other and 700 from the main island, so I need a large number of MFSUs and complexity to give them enough juice to guarantee killing people, even if a half dozen folks rush the portal at once.

Now, however, I can make it so a single full MFSU can teleport like... 5,000 people or something, and refill fast enough with just a single geothermal or two, all the way across the End to a single death machine for all 3 portals.

Major savings in time and expense, and major improvement in security in my quest to completely secure the entire End dimension.

But how do you get in? AFAIK you cannot make it distinguish between hostiles and yourself...

But how do you get in? AFAIK you cannot make it distinguish between hostiles and yourself...

Well for the time being, I just turn it off whenever I'm doing stuff in the overworld, and then turn it back on again.

However, I will set up a wireless (5-10 frequencies at once, or a pattern, not a single one. Possibly even a progressive pattern that changes each time) or ender chest password system sooner or later.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ysharma

I know this is a necro, but couldnt you set up a computer with ccensors, which would detect who the player was after teleportation, and if it wasnt you it would turn on the machine of doom?