Roberts Space Industries

Jay?

In which we talk about how Chris Roberts is a god among men, and how we love him forever.

Chris Roberts gave us wing commander, and we were not worthy.

Then Roberts gave us Wing Commander 2, and we were still not worthy.

After that, Chris Roberts gave us Privateer, and we continued not to be worthy.

Just before taking a DECADE off, Chris Roberts gave us Freelancer, and we were still not worthy.

Now Mr. Roberts is back, creating Star Citizen, and guess what! We aren't worthy.

The game is still a couple years off, but every word that comes from his mouth is liquid gold. If he were any other developer, i would call it pandering, or false promises, or some other form of manipulation, but Chris Roberts has ALWAYS given us great things.

If you haven't heard about Star Citizen yet, take a peek at this:

And then, once you've fallen in love, look at this: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/

Are we not worthy of instancing?

That's my only complaint. Oh, and CryEngine3 is a pain to optimise to get consistency across a range of graphics cards I hear.

The instancing doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather be shoved into an instance, than be puttering around in my Rhino taking missions in goddamn New York, only to have some bastard in an Eagle swoop in and one shot me every time i fight off a bunch of rogues.

The instancing doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather be shoved into an instance, than be puttering around in my Rhino taking missions in goddamn New York, only to have some bastard in an Eagle swoop in and one shot me every time i fight off a bunch of rogues.

Erm... What game are you talking about? It sounds like it's about possessing animals...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, crowd funding, and thereby your best chance to participate in the alpha and beta stages, is ending this week. A lot more detail has been announced regarding how the instancing will work, as well as several other systems. Get in here, you know you want to.