Tekkit For Dummies

thanks Jorcer,

ok so i have found out where the problem lies, i re-downloaded the tekkit server.rar again removed the old one, backed up my world folders and extracted a new server then ran through the instructions on the 1st page and it worked.

loaded up tekkit and the server is up and running.

but i forgot one thing, i didnt copy over my world folders. so i closed tekkit and over wrote my world folders with my backed up ones. now the server has stopped working.

one more thing, i started a fresh server new level as i cant get the old on working.

i added my user-name to ops.txt but i still wasn't allowed to do admin stuff. so i restated the PC, run the launch.bat and now its not working again.

is there a step to stop the server running? this might be the issue i just turn off the PC as im not sure how to stop the server running and this might corrupt the files? i don't want to have to start a new world and server every time i want to play on-line.

Look, I am seriously in favor of helping newcomers, but have you learned nothing at all from this thread? You will not get replies or solution suggestions if all you say is "it's not working". You're making this ten times harder for everyone involved than it needs to be, and I'm getting tired of that.

Look, I am seriously in favor of helping newcomers, but have you learned nothing at all from this thread? You will not get replies or solution suggestions if all you say is "it's not working". You're making this ten times harder for everyone involved than it needs to be, and I'm getting tired of that.

I understand where you are coming from, however if i new what the problem was as to why the server stopped working, i wouldn't be on here asking for help.

but thank you for sticking with me on this as i have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this, hence the discussion name.

the command to stop the server is simply to type "stop" into the CMD (without " 's)

oh right OK, Ive been typing in stop when i run the launch.bat after it pauses like it says in the 2nd post. so am i right in saying when i run the launch.bat to get the server up, when it pauses i leave it up on the screen and don't type anything?

The "pause" followed by "press any key to continue" should only appear when the server shuts down and execution finishes. If you get to that point without typing anything, that is a surefire sign that your server failed to start.

This is what my server looks like after it finished starting (the last couple of lines):

(...)

11:23:43 [iNFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 480228840)

11:23:44 [iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 32%

11:23:44 [iNFO] Fixed BC pipe energy loss

11:23:45 [iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%

11:23:45 [iNFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 480228840)

11:23:45 [iNFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: 480228840)

11:23:46 [iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 28%

11:23:47 [iNFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%

11:23:47 [iNFO] [AntiEndermanGrief] Enabling AntiEndermanGrief v0.1

11:23:47 [iNFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it

11:23:47 [iNFO] Done (4,723s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

11:23:47 [iNFO] [RedPower] FakePlayer created.

11:23:47 [iNFO] [RedPower] Login is disabled.

11:23:48 [iNFO] [Railcraft] Loaded 7 saved Anchors

>_

It looks like your server corrupts every time you shut it down after playing once. Maybe you are not shutting it down properly, then. Simply closing the server console window is definitely the wrong way; you should type "stop" instead (or "/stop" in ingame chat if you are an admin).

(...)

11:23:48 [iNFO] [Railcraft] Loaded 7 saved Anchors

>stop

11:27:10 [iNFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..

11:27:10 [iNFO] Stopping server

11:27:10 [iNFO] [AntiEndermanGrief] Disabling AntiEndermanGrief v0.1

11:27:10 [iNFO] Saving chunks

11:27:11 [iNFO] Stopping server

>

C:\Minecraft\Bukkit\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>pause

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

I type in Stop, and nothing happens the server is still running?

I have just watched a tekkit server tutorial and when they run the launch.bat file loads of extra files appear in the folder like its meant to. but i have to double click on the Tekkit.jar file to get the extra files.

I've downloaded the server file from the website a few times now but its still not working as it should when i run the launch.bat. Do you guys have any ideas?