Can you add extra Mods to Tekkit?

bodrew12

I was recently trying to install another mod in Tekkit, but can't find a way that works. I have tried putting the .rar in .technic>Tekkit>mods and also just .technic>mods but neither have worked, it didn't say the mod was installed in-game at all.. I have tried putting the contents in the minecraft.jar in the bin, but when i do that, it fails to run the game. I tried putting them in the modpack.jar also, but to no avail. Please help if you know what to do! Oh, and by the way, the mod is Better World Generation by ted80. Link here if you want to check it out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1070207-142sspsmp-better-world-generation-3-v112/

I was recently trying to install another mod in Tekkit, but can't find a way that works. I have tried putting the .rar in .technic>Tekkit>mods and also just .technic>mods but neither have worked, it didn't say the mod was installed in-game at all.. I have tried putting the contents in the minecraft.jar in the bin, but when i do that, it fails to run the game. I tried putting them in the modpack.jar also, but to no avail. Please help if you know what to do! Oh, and by the way, the mod is Better World Generation by ted80. Link here if you want to check it out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1070207-142sspsmp-better-world-generation-3-v112/

Putting the contents in the modpack.jar is the right way to do it. If you have modified the minecraft.jar it is probably a good idea to:

delete the .techniclauncher/tekkit/bin/ directory

Load up tekkit again (to download all the files again)

Exit tekkit.

Try again to put the files in the modpack.jar.

So you tried that...

Just saying "It doesn't work" does not give much information for people to help you. All the details are stored in the logs. The most relevant log is probably .techniclauncher/tekkit/ForgeModLoader-0.log . I would say post the contents of the log here just after it crashes, however the Tekkit bug board is probably a better place for this.

I'm sorry to have caused you guys the trouble. I had a derp moment. The only versions of that mod that are available are 1.3.2 and 1.4.2. If it had a 1.2.5 verison, then it may have worked. It's a good mod though, you guys should check it out ;D

Hidden

I'm sorry to have caused you guys the trouble. I had a derp moment. The only versions of that mod that are available are 1.3.2 and 1.4.2. If it had a 1.2.5 verison, then it may have worked. It's a good mod though, you guys should check it out ;D