TheBananaMancer

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 2.1.0 | 1.1 | latest | Development build

Operating System:N/a? Server: Multiplay | clanforge

Version of Java: N/a? Server: Multiplay | clanforge

Description of Problem:

Certain areas become crash zones, how? no idea

One player entering or logging in such areas causes the server to crash:

World loading&such stops for players, you can move around tough the world is frozen, no one can join the server anymore, console commands still work

No way of getting out of such areas, unless using console commands: tp <personinlagzone> <personnotinlagzone> and then restarting the world

Not posseble to explore the areas for posseble causes of the crashing

Error Messages: doesn't crash so it doesn't give error messages

Link to pastebin of log: Client:doesn't crash so it doesnt give a log ( i think ) ohwell, here is the _0 http://pastebin.com/AnCNMvzB

Server: Does it give logs / how do i find it?

View of having logged in a lagzone:

[img width=700]

Note: I would have liked to do more research if something has already been posted about this type of crash/bug; but i had no success and i do not know what to search for.

6 answers to this question

Sounds like corrupt chunks in you map. Is the server hosted? Is that what clan forge is? If its a server on a single standard harddrive machine it could be going bad if you are getting a lot of theses areas. If its hosted, its less likely to be bad harddrive. I had this problem on an older version on a few chunks. I ran chunkster on it to fix it up, and it worked. However, I did see someone post "I used chunkster, bad I know" and I am not sure why is considered bad, maybe it doesn't like tekkit blocks, I don't know.

I don't think this is a tekkit thing, I think its just a minecraft thing, sometimes chunks corrupt.

This might be caused by cable loops. On my server, only the client crashes after logging in for about 5 seconds. Within that time you can break all Tekkit blocks (it's a tedious process, crashing, restarting Tekkit, logging in, breaking, crashing).

Or, you could download the map and use McEdit to cut out the Crash Zones.