Question about redpower/solar panel factory

BladeEddie

Hello,

i'm pretty new to the redpower mod, but i build my solar panel factory until now with redpower.

I'm just missing a automatic factory for a generator(you need them for a solar panel). To auto-craft the generators i want to use the copper cables, that i'm producing for the circuits anyway.

Now i have a very simplistic problem with the redpower tubes: I want to split the amount of cables that go through a tube(like the buildcraft pipes), since it always goes the the closest valid destination. I think you can do that with a sorting machine, but i think there are simpler solutions for that, without bluetricity, right?

You can work with timing. If you know that you produce one copper cable per second (for example), you can dump them into a chest. Then take two transposers, both running with 2 second timers, ideally staggered. That will split the cables up equally because the timing is synchronised (1x 1/1sec in vs. 2x 1/2sec out). If you do it right you can even give the two transposers different speeds so you can split the production into uneven amounts.

But by far the easiest way is doing a brief shift to Buildcraft. Have your cables arrive via Redpower tube and put them in a chest. Then hook up a Buildcraft wooden transport pipe with an engine appropriate for your throughput, followed by a distribution pipe, which leads into two different chests. Note the colors of the distribution pipe. Then, rightclick the distribution pipe and select how many cables you want to go to each color. For example, 12 cables to the red exit and one cable to the blue exit - because that's the exact amount you need to make two circuits on one side and one generator on the other side. Now, you can once again hook up Redpower equipment to the output chests and transport the sorted cables onwards to their destinations.

I find it silly that everyone who reads the word "Buildcraft" equates it with overflow. I'm pretty sure that I've never had a single pipe overflowing in anything I built - if your pipes overflow, you built it wrong, plain and simple.

In this case, it's excessively easy - use Filters to remove from the output chests of the distribution pipe. Filters transport whole stacks every pulse. This is many, many times faster than anything coming through the pipes, and therefore you have zero risk of overflowing.

Okay, i use the transposer method, i quess. I hate overflow. Still weird that redpower hasn't any better options. :o

It's not that it has no better options, just no better options without needing a bit of power. A couple solar panels will power several sorting machines easily.

I find it silly that everyone who reads the word "Buildcraft" equates it with overflow. I'm pretty sure that I've never had a single pipe overflowing in anything I built - if your pipes overflow, you built it wrong, plain and simple.

In this case, it's excessively easy - use Filters to remove from the output chests of the distribution pipe. Filters transport whole stacks every pulse. This is many, many times faster than anything coming through the pipes, and therefore you have zero risk of overflowing.

I don't equate it with overflow, there are just a lot of people who do not understand buildcraft enough to design an effective system. I simply prefer RP since I don't have to think about whether it will overflow. I just have to supply a red pulse to the filter or transposer and let it handle everything else. I also dislike waiting for the buildcraft engines to heat up