HOW TO FIX TEKKIT FOR MAC!!!

_N_3_R_O_

Question

Launcher Version: any i think it bypasses the launcher

Operating System: apples good stuff

Java Version: if you have java 7 then this is the topic for you!

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

okay apple fucked our tekkit up by removing stuff. fuck that i said and i found a fix!

Before you follow these steps wipe your computer of everything tekkit and download the .jar file and leave it in your downloads.

1st:

cd Downloads

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

java -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

copy that

2: format a textedit page with format, make plain text

3: paste the above log thing into the formatted text edit

4: save as starttekkit.command

5: open terminal and type (or copy): chmod a+x and drag the starttekkit.command into terminal after the space

6: press enter and use that to start tekkit up.

*note* this code was not written by me. i found it on another thread. i give full credit and many cookies to whoever made it.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

meh they should lets us submit fixes then shoulnt they. anyway i havnt seen anyone esle making the scrip. all i see is people useing that terminal command

They, do let you submit fixes. When someone has a bug that your fix fixes, post your fix. (And invest in a spell checker)

then wheres the big button next to submit bug thats says "submit fix" it shoulnd have to go through forum mods

...Everything is essence goes through the mods or devs. That is what keeps the forum free from Spam and useless things like that. The reason they don't have that is because user submitted fixes might work but cause bigger issues, might not work, might be viruses, etc. The time it would take them to double check every bug fix (in addition to cleaning the forums, accepting server posts and all of their other jobs) would be was too high to merit having such a feature.