Question regarding EU management

Hey, I am trying to figure out if something is possible, and if so, how to do it. I want to setup a power plant on my server (no one else would be able to make anything that generates power past low voltage), and then use computer craft to monitor how much EU each building / player uses per week.

example: building A uses 7,653 EU a week. A computer back at the plant should reflect that, and tell the plant work how much to charge the owner of the building to continue receiving power for the next week, and so on. Think of it as a power meter on the side of a building in real life, that a power company employee would go read to determine how much the power bill should be for that month.

It should also be able to be set where if the player does not pay the bill, then the worker would flip a switch to stop power (EU) from traveling to that building. Any ideas?

For the power flip-flop, splitter cables can be used.

For the meter, i think you can weekly fill up an batbox/mfe/mfs for each house (with a splitter cable before and after the storage), and then let someone check the difference between full and used in the week. You could also use CCsensors to hide it underground and read the storage status from somewhere else.

ah so no way to directly view usage via the computer itself. I might just go the MFS route, and then monitor the usage by seeing the difference between it being full, and what was used (i.e what you said). If I remember correctly you can turn the mfsu on and off to receive eu via a redstone current, correct?

ah so no way to directly view usage via the computer itself. I might just go the MFS route, and then monitor the usage by seeing the difference between it being full, and what was used (i.e what you said). If I remember correctly you can turn the mfsu on and off to receive eu via a redstone current, correct?

There's a special cable which does that, can't remember what it was called though. Just don't try powering the MFFS, that won't do anything.

You could also allocate them a certain amount of power based on how much they pay you - that would be a nice idea. Perhaps 5 coal a day for a Batbox of power which is restocked at the end of every day. You could also do advance payments using Filters which take the 5 coal out of a chest every day until nothing comes through the tube(check with an item detector), so they don't have to give you the 5 coal every single MC day.

I'll check out the ideas and see what will work best. Also trying to figure out how to setup an electric fence to protect the powerplant from... griefers... Can't find a picture on how to set it up yet, only tutorials that tell you how, and I can't make heads or tails of it yet. ><

I'm fairly sure that there are plugins which prevent people who aren't admin from entering an area, try using that. Greifers will find a way to get through unless you make it absolutely impossible from an admin level.

Just don't try powering the MFFS, that won't do anything.

It does. Powering an MFSU with a redstone current does stop it outputting energy. Perheaps, take a look at this.

Also, there is something called an Energy Sensor Kit. You could consider that to.

There's a special cable which does that, can't remember what it was called though.

Did you even read the previous posts? It is called a splitter cable.

There are two ways of making an electric fence: Uninsulated HV cable (with EV running) and a system of tesla coils.

Like I said, I forgot the cable which stops power going through. The name splitter always did confuse me...

the sensor kit won't actually do anything for him, since it needs an industrial information panel.CCsensors would work better, but I'm not sure that that would have much use either.

Anyway, the fence depends on the amount of power you have. Like Kort said, the HV cable and Tesla Coils are your best options. Tesla costs less to run, but the HV looks more awesome. Just judge it by the power generation.