A nice concept for tekkit/technic

pieiscool32

Question

Well I recently have been looking into clouds (not the puffy white things in they sky that looks like a cat) but the "clouds" where information can be held. Now, here is a thought of how to improve tekkit/technic, but it would require some hardware but makes serving the pack easy and uniformed, also less resource heavy. (Be prepared for a wall of text)

Ok, here it goes...

First, you could implement a streaming tekkit/technic pack. It would allow users to pay a small fee to be able to use the tekkit servers to stream tekkit and all of its glory to your computer without your computer needing to do any heavy lifting. Also you could charge extra for more features, but that's later.

Second, Before you say, "well isn't this going to take TONS of data on out server to host" let me say this, you could set it up to do something very cool, virtual machine, that would allow the app to be held in a virtual state and need little resources to stay alive. It is hard to stream things, but if they never leave the server room and you are only sent an image, now it needs less net speeds and relies more on local net speeds.

Third, Now you say "well how do we stream it?" well I say, you simply keep the program running on the server and the user that is on the receiving end only sees an image, not the real thing. (Minimizing hacking down to a minimum)

Fourth, now you YELL "HOW CAN THIS BE LEGAL!" and I clammy reply, you will still need your standard MC account to get to the game, and then optionally have a separate account for the stream. Then the virtual images I mentioned earlier come into play, the server will simply take the tekkit virtual image, which has the .Minecraft, fodder in it. Now you say "You can hand out .Minecrfat folders!" and I say back, it never leaves the server. So it never leaves the area and users are only "looking" at it. So as defined by legal terms it is legal, now let me put the legal stuff into an easy to comprehend version. When you go to a store and you look at the magazines you never have to pay for them, you can stay there all day and read the magazines, but at no cost, only when you want to take it home do you have to pay. So if the folder never leaves the server then you never take it home, if that makes sense.

Fifth, Now those "extra" features come into play. The "standard" Version will not let you change ANY setting exempt the MC keys. The "pro" version will let you upgrade the mods yourself and have a higher priority level as well as more RAM. The "elite" version will have more features, such as custom mods and things in that general area and more RAM. (all of the stated are subject to change, that was just an example)

Sixth, now you ask, "how can this be any better than what we have now?" and I say, well everything is unified and updates can be pushed effortlessly, also no more problems with the launcher and not java and blah, blah, blah... GONE. "How?" You ask, and I say, because magical unicorns in a far off land do all the work, so if there are problems, it is only localized to the server.

Seventh, You ask "How can this 'reduce hacking' it isn't safer?" well I say, yes, it is much safer, for one the server can just be a secure server and route information through a VPN line and have a firewall box to keep everything nice and safe. Yes, it will cost a little, but it will keep everything secure.

END OF TEXT WALL...

Well, this is just my idea, fill free to comment and propose some better ideas, but all I ask it to at least think about it. It is that way of the future! Also the legal aspects are a little touchy, but we can sort that out with a lawyer or two.

2 answers to this question

Sorry, but it seems as if you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Just one example:

First, you could implement a streaming tekkit/technic pack.
!=
less resource heavy

I dont actually get what you want to say though: Do you mean streaming like OnLive? You know that you need a lot of Hardware behind, a good and permanent internet connection and a big company behind it? The main thing the Tekkit-Guys are doing right now is to put all thoose mods together, altering the Spoutcraft Client a bit and resolving a lot of issues. But setting up a Onlive-Like enviroment is a lot of more work. And im pretty sure the onlive-guys dont use a standard-vm solution if they use it at all. Also why should users like that? Im running quite a good machine here and I haven't a very good internet-connection. Why should streaming a 1080p Image stream work better for me? Also I would loose the whole control: If I want to install an additional Addon to Technic, that wouldn't be possible that easy any more. I think you just heard to many commercials about Onlive etc. and you are thinking its the solution for every problem. Let me tell you: It isn't.

You whole post is full of cool words like "cloud", "virtual machine" and "stream" but you dont really seem to know what that is or how it is done.