Equations

Guest Ysharma

Guest Ysharma

I was playing on my friends tekkit server today. Well I decided to pull a gavjenks and destroy 2/3 of the ender portals and live in the end. I have found one portal, but I cannot find the other two as ender eyes only work on one portal and because the coords I calculate using trig are incorrect. Could you walk me through how to calculate the other two portal rooms coords? I have the coord of one portal room. BTW Gav could you just teleport people to the exit portal when they enter the end?

Guest Ysharma

No they are not there is a precise generation algorithm except my math is wrong because whatever coords i come up with there is no portal

Guest Ysharma

"All Strongholds are located at random in a radius between 640 and 1152 blocks from the origin, 0/0. Due to the generation algorithm, the Stronghold may extend further in or out of that circle. The three strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (that is, each stronghold is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin.). The game will not generate a stronghold partially above-ground: the portion above the ground layer will be replaced with air blocks, leaving a cutaway. There is a limit of 3 strongholds per world."

That enough proof for you? You can pick up a world with the three stronhold coordinates that you know and try applying it to this rule.

"All Strongholds are located at random in a radius between 640 and 1152 blocks from the origin, 0/0. Due to the generation algorithm, the Stronghold may extend further in or out of that circle. The three strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (that is, each stronghold is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin.). The game will not generate a stronghold partially above-ground: the portion above the ground layer will be replaced with air blocks, leaving a cutaway. There is a limit of 3 strongholds per world."

That enough proof for you? You can pick up a world with the three stronhold coordinates that you know and try applying it to this rule.

Exactly, they are generated at random meaning that trig wont work. Hence why it didn't work.

Guest Ysharma

The three strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (that is, each stronghold is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin.).

There is absolutely NO way to calculate accurately where the strongholds are. This was proven when someone quoted

r

So what do we get from this? Strongholds are located RANDOMLY IN A RADIUS between 640 and 1152 blocks At ROUGHLY 120 degrees from each other. The very best you could do is find a very rough line that a stronghold could be on.

Use this very rough pic as an example. Center is obviously 0,0. Say you know where stronghold 1 is at, marked A on the map. The only thing you can roughly figure out by the quote above is that the other 2 are roughly located 120 degrees apart ( green lines). Then from there, they are located somewhere randomly between 640 and 1152 blocks from the center.

There' no math to be done. No trig. It's random point on a rough line.

Untitled-1.png