Several Bugs that I encounter

RumPilot

Question

I used to play Technic - Hexxit last year and it ran relatively well, but for the life of me I cant get it to run now at all. Every mod pack seems to crash at loading giving me a "Shutting down internal server" message. Hexxit I seem to be able to run but will eventually crash. It says that Minecraft has run out of memory. Low and behold I looked at the Launcher options menu for Technic and it says Java has only 1GB of memory to work with. 1 GB being the highest. I've also noticed that when I get the internal server message is whenever Java exceeded 1Gb of memory in task manager. How exactly do I go about fixing this. Either the game is taking up too much memory, or I need to change its maximum allocated memory. 

Also trying to full screen the game while playing it causes Java to stop working thats cool too. 

I have a GTX 970, an i7 and about 12 GBs of Ram

Edit: Okay, after looking around a bit on youtube it is clear that it is not normal to only have 1GB as the highest amount of RAM you can have. Now I need to figure out WHY Technic is only giving me the option of 1GB. 

Edited by RumPilot

2 answers to this question